Western Jam, Firebird Studios, Bristol - 19/20 Oct 2024

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 926
    edited August 1
    Looks like we lost fastEddie to the rath of the admin thread 

Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 93
    edited August 3
    As time is ticking on, please could everyone who has yet to advise if this proposed new date for the postponed jam works or not please let the group know, so we can establish if we have viable numbers
  • I’ve got a lot going on at the moment so going to bow out. Good luck with it. 
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1772
    Hello! Sorry about the delay - I checked and hadn’t replied - I’m delighted to report I’m ok for this date.

sorry chaps :)
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:

* Hamer SS2 & T62
    * Music Man Luke 1

Please drop me a message.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 926
    Things are mad busy at the moment.  Will know more about 4 weeks out from this date. Saturdays tend to be better for me. 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2238
    I'm still up for it. 

I think we need to establish the vocalist situation as a priority, otherwise we'd better start thinking about some instrumentals :)

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5996
    I am unlikely to be able to make it, sorry. If that changes I will provide an update. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

edited August 5
    I'm still up for it. 

I think we need to establish the vocalist situation as a priority, otherwise we'd better start thinking about some instrumentals

Thankfully, as of now we do have two vocalists confirmed (@bobblehat and @RR50) and a drummer (@mrkb) along with you, me, @SPECTRUM001 and @Bennyboy-UK. ;
    edited August 19
    Just realised that we are only two months away and don't yet have any songs agreed. In the current circumstances it seems sensible to propose that we mostly focus on tracks that we have done before on which @mrkb played drums. Please could everyone take a look at the track list compiled by @stratman3142 and come up with some tracks you are interested in playing on. 
    edited August 19
    That’s a gorgeous lineup for a start  

I can probably bang through (subject to some practice needed!!!) Rebel Yell, Talk Dirty to me, Just What I needed, Hard to Handle, La Grange, keep your Hands to yourself - but I’m a very nervous player so happy to duck out for more confident bods.

let me check the list again…

* Hamer SS2 & T62
    * Music Man Luke 1

I can have a look at I believe in a thing called love if it’s helpful.

* Hamer SS2 & T62
    * Music Man Luke 1

edited August 25
    Thanks @Bennyboy-UK for getting the song discussion started. In a similar vein, the tracks from the list with @mrkb on drums (see below) that I have played on before, and could therefore join the 'band' again this time if required, are Come Together, Fortunate Son, Gold On The Ceiling, I Believe In A Thing Called Love, Just What I Needed, Lil' Devil, Rocking In The Free World, Queen Bitch, Teenage Kicks and Wishing Well.

Alright Now
    Call Me The Breeze
    Champagne Supernova
    Come Together
    Comfortably Numb
    Die Laughing
    Feel Like Making Love
    Fortunate Son
    Gold On The Ceiling
    Hanging Around
    Hard To Handle
    Hear Comes Your Man
    I Believe In A Thing Called Love
    I Love Rock n Roll
    Just What I Needed
    Keep Your Hands To Yourself
    La Grange
    Let's Dance
    Lil' Devil
    London Calling
    Molly's Chambers
    On A Plain 
    Pretty Vacant
    Queen Bitch
    Rebel Yell
    Rocking In The Free World
    Rocks 
    Run To You
    Spread Your Love
    Survival Car
    Sweet Jane
    Talk Dirty To Me
    Teenage Kicks
    The Boys Are Back In Town
    The Passenger
    Waiting For My Man
    Wishing Well
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7257
    How many people that are willing to sing do we have? I see Roberty has posted recently so might be having more free time.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    That would be @bobblehat and @RR50 based on commitments so far. It would obviously be great if @roberty is able to join us, and @onlyonebradders too, as that would give you a break from drumming to maybe sing a few songs!
    I can’t see anyone but Roberty being able to sing I Believe in a Thing Called Love - hence might be worth checking if anyone can sing them before they get on the list.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Ive just run though "Hanging Around" by the Stranglers (as requested by @SPECTRUM001 at last jam) and am ok with that one - so add that to the list of possibles.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Thanks @mrkb. It would be really helpful if everyone who is down to attend, but who has not yet shared which of the 30+ tracks listed above they can assist with, could please chip in  ;)
    Hopefully I'll get time to repost an updated spreadsheet within the next few days.

Generally, I can fill any gaps on guitar or bass.

It would be good to fill slots where vocals are needed.

I'm guessing @mrkb can do drums on ones he's played before.

It's not a competition.
    At the link in the original post, I've added a tab to the spreadsheet called Master List. The Master List covers songs we've played previously and who took the various roles. It might be a useful reference.

As it looks like @mrkb will be the only drummer, should I create an updated list for the next jam that includes all the ones that @mrkb has played drums on previously, and also those songs he's agreed to play drums on in this thread? 

I think we're going to have to chuck out the others, unless we magically find another drummer. What do you think @Brocco and @mrkb ;?

Then it will be a case of trying to find vocalists as a priority.

It's not a competition.
    thanks @stratman3142, given the constraints of what seems likely to be a more limited group this time, it does seem sensible to limit ourselves to the universe of songs that we have performed before with @mrkb on drums (hopefully accurately summarised in my 21st August post on this page). It would be great to hear from @bobblehat @RR50 @SPECTRUM001 as they are down to attend, and of course anyone else who is thinking of coming along.