NGD Gibson Greeny Murphy aged

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14012
    I haven't looked closely at pics of the original, is the “KH” etched on the back the same as the original?

Why would Kirk Hammett do that?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1465
    I haven't looked closely at pics of the original, is the “KH” etched on the back the same as the original?

In case he loses it?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8154
    Congrats. Cool guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DarrenDarren Frets: 169
    Congrats Chris. Lovely guitar. 
  • Great looking guitar, Some of the best ageing I've seen from Gibson.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4386

In case he loses it?
    Or James nicks it and claims it was his all along :lol:

I'd be really interested to know what caused the finish damage lines by the neck volume on the original. Someone wearing big rings maybe?

Anyway what a lovely thing to own, enjoy it!
  • sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 727
    randella said:

In case he loses it?
    Or James nicks it and claims it was his all along :lol:

I'd be really interested to know what caused the finish damage lines by the neck volume on the original. Someone wearing big rings maybe?

Anyway what a lovely thing to own, enjoy it!
    i believe it was a ring :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2819
    Very nice indeed.  Enjoy.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891
    Lovely thing. The aging is very realistic.

I really like that Kirk has put his initials in it.

The amount of blues tossers who are upset at Hammett owning it is hilarious. I bet some of them own cars that by a similar metric they are not worthy to drive. I'd bet a shiny £1 that some of them even complained when Gary Moore got it!

I particularly like referring to the real deal as the Greeny/Moore/Hammett guitar. That upsets them even more. 

Kirk is out there playing it on the biggest stages. I think that is brilliant. It should be played.
    And for all the "he's crap" type comments - 99% of his gig is playing Hetfield rhythm parts, and the complainers cannot.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom

The amount of blues tossers who are upset at Hammett owning it is hilarious. I bet some of them own cars that by a similar metric they are not worthy to drive. I'd bet a shiny £1 that some of them even complained when Gary Moore got it!

I particularly like referring to the real deal as the Greeny/Moore/Hammett guitar. That upsets them even more. 

Kirk is out there playing it on the biggest stages. I think that is brilliant. It should be played.
    And for all the "he's crap" type comments - 99% of his gig is playing Hetfield rhythm parts, and the complainers cannot.
    i have been a Metallica fan all my life. the fact i own one of these guitars is a great feeling. I saved up for a long time and now i have one :-) i love Kirk that goes out and plays it live and its great seeing it used for metal :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4174
    Wow. Fab guitar.

• MikePMikeP Frets: 61
    MikeP said:
    Wow, I'd love to try it. Same the subsequent owners have it such a hard time. 
    https://www.alamy.com/peter-green-uk-rock-musician-image3439656.html
    more than welcome to come and try it!
    That's very kind but sadly I'm in Ireland...
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2585
    randella said:

From falling face down and bashing the knobs/pots into the body

i have been a Metallica fan all my life. the fact i own one of these guitars is a great feeling. I saved up for a long time and now i have one :-) i love Kirk that goes out and plays it live and its great seeing it used for metal :-)
    I'm really happy for you. It's a wonderful thing.

I hope you gig the hell out of it!

(Insure it properly!!!!!!!)

• LewyLewy Frets: 4393

I wish he’d scratched his initials on the front :)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lewy said:

Right next to the little switch that activates the fretboard LEDs?.... and the boost for the EMG pickups?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lewy said:

Right next to the little switch that activates the fretboard LEDs?.... and the boost for the EMG pickups?
    And wah pedal 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4393
    edited March 11
    Lewy said:

I wish he’d scratched his initials on the front

And wah pedal 
    You don't need a switch for something that's never off......

Congrats on your purchase, by the way. It looks like a remarkable piece of work and I imagine there's a lot of joy ownership that goes with such a thing.
  • jca74jca74 Frets: 376
    edited March 11
    So as part of the deal do Murphy Labs get KH in to scratch his initials in each one?
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 853

Where are all the blues tossers?