NGD! Cort G300 Pro but damaged in three places

What's Hot
BigAmpsBigAmps Frets: 15
Hey everybody,

I ordered a Cort G300 Pro from GG yesterday as it was on special offer at £499 (a saving of £250) and I’ve wanted a gold coloured guitar for a while. The last gold guitar I ordered, an EVH standard was from PMT online head office (Liverpool) and that turned up in a such a shabby state with faults all over it, was ex demo sold as new so I arranged a return and got a refund. 

When this one turned up this morning I was pleased to see a sealed original Cort box, well packaged and placed inside the outer box. No probs until I opened it and inspected the guitar to see three separate damages 

1. Lower body edge cracked and dented
2. Crack under lower edge of fretboard and fretboard badly sanded on the high edge
3.  Crack on the upper horn where body meets the neck

What’s up with gold guitars turning up damaged? I’m not having much luck so I think I’ll stop trying to get one 

I’ve contacted GG with images and have requested collection and refund. To be fair to GG all faults look like QC issues as the boxes were originally sealed but did not appear to have been opened and checked prior to despatch. 

Boooooooooooo!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3324
    Ah man that sucks.  Sorry to hear your bout of bad luck. 
    I bought a guitar off eBay recently that UPS magically lost.  
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigAmpsBigAmps Frets: 15
    grungebob said:
    Ah man that sucks.  Sorry to hear your bout of bad luck. 
    I bought a guitar off eBay recently that UPS magically lost.  
    Thanks man, if I didn’t have bad luck I’d have no luck at all lol 
    UPS suck too by the sounds of it 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3493
    Mate that really does suck the big one, perhaps its the universe telling you that that guitar wasnt right for you, you may have actually dodged a bullet?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    The neck pocket crack is very common and can happen with temperature changes if the neck is a very snug fit, not a serious issue, but the other ones are pretty bad, it looks like the guitar had been dropped from waist height before being sent out
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11791
    Wow - that really is piss-poor.  I had a G300 Pro (now residing with @BillDLand it arrived in immaculate condition from Peach.  QC was nigh-on perfect apart from a small issue which I missed and Bill easily resolved.

I would urge you to try for a replacement if possible as they really are very good guitars indeed - and £499 is a steal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    robgilmo said:
    Mate that really does suck the big one, perhaps it’s the universe telling you that that guitar wasnt right for you, you may have actually dodged a bullet?
    Message received lol I’m done with ordering online and done with the quest for a gold guitar!
    That’s it, I could’ve lived with the neck pocket crack but not the others.  I agree it’s definitely been dropped at some point 
    strtdv said:
    The neck pocket crack is very common and can happen with temperature changes if the neck is a very snug fit, not a serious issue, but the other ones are pretty bad, it looks like the guitar had been dropped from waist height before being sent out

Offset said:
    Wow - that really is piss-poor.  I had a G300 Pro (now residing with @BillDLand it arrived in immaculate condition from Peach.  QC was nigh-on perfect apart from a small issue which I missed and Bill easily resolved.

I would urge you to try for a replacement if possible as they really are very good guitars indeed - and £499 is a steal.
    I would love a G300 Pro but GG have none left and all other places showing at £600 plus which I’d be happy with until I paid £499 for this one, buyers problems lol 
    Being collected Thursday, goodbye Cort #weeps :anguished: 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7269
    I fully agree with @Offset in that the quality of Cort electrics (and acoustics) is usually exceptional.  Certainly the burgundy one I bought from him was absolutely perfect in every way from a fit and finish perspective.  I love that guitar, asd he sold it to me for a really good price.  As has been mentioned above, your guitar has definitely been dropped hard at some stage of its journey from factory to you.  That's the kind of damage I look for in a B-Stock guitar being sold for half price or less because it can usually be repaired by painstakingly drop-filling with superglue, then scraping, sanding and buffing.  That's just me though, because I enjoy fixing up guitars.  Hopefully your replacement one will be perfect.

The "small issue" mentioned by @Offset was just that.  A very minor one that was easily rectified.  The rebate for the trem spring cavity cover plate appeared to have been routed very slightly too deep.  The cover plate sat down just below the surface of the back of the body rather than being flush.  The trem springs were just scuffing off the inside of the cover plate at certain times.  It took me 10 minutes to cut a thin gasket to raise the cover plate up enough for the springs to miss it and it sits level with the body surface.  Hardly even an issue really.  It might be something to be aware of and watch for though.
    Thanks man I’ll keep an eye out for another one and thanks for the advice re small issues you had 

I was really looking forward to this guitar, always wanted a gold one and was eagerly watching YouTube reviews yesterday awaiting its arrivall

such is life lol 
    I would be curious to see what happens to the guitar after GuitarGuitar receive it back.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11791
    BillDL said:
    I would be curious to see what happens to the guitar after GuitarGuitar receive it back.
    £250 for the Cort :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6079
    Is it my imagination or does this have a gap at base of neck pocket, possibly a shim at front of pocket?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    I looked at your photos being stored in Dropbox and I suspect that’s what happened during the delivery process. I’d be very surprised if this level of damage was evident when the guitar was QC’d. Hope you have success in finding another guitar.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    GuitarGuitar have sent me some shitters in the past. They must have some unusual lifeforms working in the warehouse.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Oof that's not great, is it? :( Sorry to hear about your poor transaction there :(

JezWynd said:
    Is it my imagination or does this have a gap at base of neck pocket, possibly a shim at front of pocket?

That's what I was thinking too. I noticed @strtdv mentioning the neck pocket crack can happen because of a tight fit, and then I saw the neck and thought it wasn't that tight at all!
    It wouldn't surprise me if the neck has been banged as well and has either pulled the screws out of the holes a bit or pulled the screw cups deeper into the holes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    BillDL said:
    It wouldn't surprise me if the neck has been banged as well and has either pulled the screws out of the holes a bit or pulled the screw cups deeper into the holes.
    Yeah it does look like it's taken a right bash (maybe several of them!), presumably in transit... :(