NGD! Cort G300 Pro but damaged in three places

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• PhilMPhilM Frets: 279
    edited March 22
    Here's what happened when I tried to buy a Cort - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/233937/a-cortionary-tale/p1

And my experiences with GuitarGuitar - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/204786/fender-qc-is-this-acceptable-these-days/p1 who were basically lying to me all along regarding what Fender thought. Turned out GG were modifying these guitars themselves to get the satin finish, and then blaming the poor quality on Fender. 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigAmpsBigAmps Frets: 15
    Wow, those are bad experiences! Especially the fender one, I’m glad you’ve had a good resolution after being fobbed off by GG

I’m now waiting for GG to refund me, ill wait the allotted time allied to their returns policy before chasing up and I’ll never use them again 

But on the upside, I’ve got my eye on an Ibanez Jem77P in floral blue that’s going local, and it looks ace, but I’ve a feeling I’ll be scared of marking or dinging it (plus it’s Indonesian not Japanese and I would prefer the fret scallops)

OR and this is a bit cheaper 

I’ll buy a second hand fender player with Floyd and convert it into a cheapo Mick Mars relic type thing 

I still want my NGD! lol 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Unbelievable! GG selling as ex demo listed as below!

Condition Report

Lacquer cracks at base of neck and bottom of the body. In perfect playing condition.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/230201399922008-13397770--cort-g300-pro-metallic-gold-ex-demo-ie230104043

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    BigAmps said:

Condition Report

Lacquer cracks at base of neck and bottom of the body. In perfect playing condition.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/230201399922008-13397770--cort-g300-pro-metallic-gold-ex-demo-ie230104043

That’s very naughty - the crack at the base of the neck is a lot more than lacquer, it’s broken the wood through to the pickup cavity. It’s clearly visible in the pic if you know to look for it, but could be missed by a buyer.

And that’s even ignoring that it’s not ex-demo, it’s returned B-stock, which may be illegal to describe as ex-demo, implying that it has not been sold. (It certainly is to sell second hand goods as new.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7269
    Offset said:
    BillDL said:
    I would be curious to see what happens to the guitar after GuitarGuitar receive it back.
    £250 for the Cort :-)

Definitely the same guitar?  If so they have certainly played down the extent of the damage by limiting the number of photos and the angle from which they were taken and deliberately lied about the history of the guitar.

If I was you I would be sufficiently disgusted by this dishonesty where I would be seriously consider contacting Trading Standards.  The problem is that it shows as being available for next day collection at any of their shops, in other words it's at a central warehouse and not a particular store, so what Council's Trading Standards Dept do you report it to?
    I would suggest the Glasgow City Council one given the following:

"This website is owned and operated by GUITARGUITAR Limited, a company registered in Scotland at 36 Trongate, Glasgow, United Kingdom, G1 5ES.
    Company Registration Number: SC247523
    VAT Registration Number: GB827922211"

Their Head Office in Renfrew (just outside the city) is under Renfrewshire District Council. (https://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/article/2119/Trading-standards)

I don't think much would come of it even if Trading Standards looked into it, because they have declared the damage (albeit very flippantly and certainly not in any detail) and I would guess that all they would say would be "We don't actually have a 'B-Stock - Damaged' category, so we just categorised it as best we could", or some lame excuse like that.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    BillDL said:

Definitely the same guitar?  If so they have certainly played down the extent of the damage by limiting the number of photos and the angle from which they were taken and deliberately lied about the history of the guitar.

I don't think much would come of it even if Trading Standards looked into it, because they have declared the damage (albeit very flippantly and certainly not in any detail)
    Definitely the same guitar, you can see the same broken end wall of the neck pocket in the main photo - incorrectly and misleadingly described as a lacquer crack.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

The only 3 areas of damage shown in the photos for the GuitarGuitar web description.

Their photo:

vs The real extent of the damage in that area:

They show the cracks in the lacquer around the neck pocket

but not the crack visible on the top between the neck pocket and the neck pickup cavity, which would actually be the most worrying damage to me:

ICBM said:

Definitely the same guitar, you can see the same broken end wall of the neck pocket in the main photo - incorrectly and misleadingly described as a lacquer crack.
    Oh yes, I see it now that I've zoomed in:

Very dishonest of them! Apologies for delay I’ve been working in the garden 

thank you to BillDL for the comparison pictures it’s definitely the same guitar I returned to them and I found it extremely disingenuous of them not to declare all of the damage and describing it as ex demo too

Some poor sod may buy this completely unaware but it won’t be any of us here! Come to think of it I wonder if it was already returned to them prior to ME buying it, just a thought 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Must remember not to buy from guitarguitar. The combination of both sides of the neck pocket and the discontinuity at the neck side of the pickup cavity imply that's a structural break that could continue to move, or even fail catastrophically at some point
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1857
    Ive never bought from GuitarGuitar and after reading this and one or two other stories on here I never will.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    BigAmps said:

Condition Report

Wow.  :#