Alien: Romulus

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    DefaultM said:
    I hope it's good.

The first two are amongst the greatest of all time, but all the others have been crap.
    This 100%

FWIW Anyone with any interest in Alien stuff and gaming should play Alien Isolation at least once. It's a little long but in terms of feeling like you're in that universe and making you properly shit yourself when the alien finds you it's absolutely incredible
    I got my son the Five Nights At Freddy’s game for Xmas and it’s the same style as Alien. It made me feel pathetic because he’s completed FNAF but when I played Alien Isolation I got so scared I never even got as far as meeting the Alien.
    I haven't played FNAF but I remember one specific point where A:I had me properly shitting it - in the nest towards the end. Utterly horrifying and I'd got myself stuck in a difficult spot so took me a full evening to escape. 

I must play it again.. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4835
    Alien - Classic
    Aliens - Classic but different style of film entirely
    Alien 3 - A promising mess
    Alien 3 Directors Cut - Excellent
    Alien Resurrection - Popcorn film but half decent, some attempt at a story but generally fluff, okay.
    Prometheus - Massive disappointment
    Covenant - Shite

Not seen AVP, I'll watch this when I can.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    I've enjoyed all the Alien films, including Promoetheus and Covenant, both of which I thought were cracking.
    This new one looks like a rehash of Alien tbh
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 663
    I thought they were alright. Can't say I'm that excited. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11791
    Encouraged by this thread, I re-watched Prometheus for the umpteenth time last night.  My view of it remains unchanged - it's very flawed in certain aspects (not least 'WTF was that all about' - I still don't know) but it's a great romp.  It looks fantastic, the effects are superb and it has (IE aside - woefully miscast) a great cast.  A 7.5/10 film for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    Offset said:
    Encouraged by this thread, I re-watched Prometheus for the umpteenth time last night.  My view of it remains unchanged - it's very flawed in certain aspects (not least 'WTF was that all about' - I still don't know) but it's a great romp.  It looks fantastic, the effects are superb and it has (IE aside - woefully miscast) a great cast.  A 7.5/10 film for me.
    Michael Fassbender was excellent, without his performance, the film would rank much lower for me. but otherwise casting is a bit miss matched. I still enjoyed it. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4140
    This looks jolly good fun to me. And I am one of the few that's found enjoyment in all movies in the series.

What struck me about this trailer is that it was pretty tense on its own, which bodes well for the movie. 

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4548
    Nuke 'em all from orbit, it's the only way to be sure
  • LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1201
    I’ll watch it but not sure what it’s really offering that hasn’t been done before?
    As flawed as Prometheus was, I still enjoyed it and was looking forward to Covenant continuing the story but unfortunately Ridley Scott bottled it and bowed to fans wanting more xenos. 
    The original Engineers script certainly looked more cohesive than what Prometheus ended up as. 
    Shame Blomkamp’s film isn’t happening. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    edited March 21
    I hope it's good.

The first two are amongst the greatest of all time, but all the others have been crap.
    I know it goes against popular opinion, but Aliens is one of the worst sequels I've seen. Compared to Alien, an absolute masterpiece, I thought it was an immature action film that did away with the artistry and completely ruined the atmosphere that was originally set. It was a jarring follow-up, to say the least. I also thought Prometheus was alright.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    Wow, there are some diverse opinions in this thread!
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1003
    i actually enjoyed the trailer which i wasn't expecting to tbh.

as others have said love the first 2 alien films. 

i wish that alien 3 could have been set in a space monastery as one of the script writers wrote a great story about this huge space hulk type ship (think warhammer 40,000 cathedral in space type ship) that the story would be set on. 

i did enjoy 3 and 4 was watchable but as for Prometheus and alien covenant i think they should be separate from the alien  timeline tbh and not have anything to do with alien at all (just my view though).

if this film can do anything like the original film in regards to tension etc then i think it could actually be a good film.

other people's views will differ from mine though.  
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

Hmmm.  Just watched the trailer.  On that evidence I'm not sure we're going to see anything new, but I'll still watch it when it hits one of the streaming channels.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    Philly_Q said:
    Alien vs Predator: Requiem is the worst film ever made, by some margin
    It really isn't, but it is very very bad.
    I've personally not seen worse, and yes I've seen Plan 9...

My other worst's would have to include...

Skyline
    Immortals
    10,000BC

Now those are all utter shite, but the sheer moral bankruptcy of "the aliens attack a maternity hospital", especially in a piss-poor schlock horror film that should be, well, like the first one not whatever it's trying to be. 

God I hate that film.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ZappleZapple Frets: 85
    When I initially saw the title I thought they'd crossed Alien over into the Star Trek universe!

I lost interest after Prometheus....tbh
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1347
    So I guess Sigourney said no?

I enjoyed the first 4 Alien movies - and after that I kinda lost track - Prometheus and Covenant were dull - and the AVP crossovers are enjoyable but forgettable popcorn trash.

I'll wait for this new one on Disney+.

Should mention the superb Adrian Brody Predators movie (2010) which hardly anyone talks about. Just a balls to the wall action thriller. Recommended.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    Philly_Q said:

My other worst's would have to include...

Skyline
    Immortals
    10,000BC

Now those are all utter shite, but the sheer moral bankruptcy of "the aliens attack a maternity hospital", especially in a piss-poor schlock horror film that should be, well, like the first one not whatever it's trying to be. 

God I hate that film.
    Watch Leprechaun. 

I apologise up front. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    edited March 21
    Philly_Q said:
    Plan 9's not even close to being the worst film ever made, that all came from Michael Medved and his Golden Turkey Awards in the 1980s.  Plan 9 is actually a highly entertaining film.  To me the "worst" films are those which are not only incompetent but **boring**.  That's the worst crime in filmmaking.

I agree that AvP: Requiem is a truly awful film.  And I seem to remember that there are large chunks of it which take place in near-total darkness, which doesn't help.  But I've definitely seen many worse, although it's hard to think of good examples... Uwe Boll's Alone in the Dark would definitely be in the bottom 50, it's not only dire but completely incomprehensible.  RIPD would be a fairly big-budget mainstream film which is complete and utter horseshit.  I agree Immortals was shit, but not that shit.  Skyline I quite like...  

But then I've seen loads of awful, interminably dull low-budget efforts which are almost unbearable to watch and I can't even remember the titles.  Shockwave, Darkside (2014) would be one of them...
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16701
    looks like a good sci-fi horror, exactly what an Alien film should be!
    At times I feel I should change my tFB signature to 

"Offset:  Watching shit movies so you don't have to."

I fear however that some on here would simply take that as a challenge and condemn themselves to long, miserable evenings watching the same drivel that I do.