Attack in Moscow

What's Hot

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Too soon to make any worthwhile comment.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sad times..... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    edited March 22
    Too soon to make any worthwhile comment.
    I'm sure that won't stop us. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1094
    ISIS have claimed responsibility?
    Wow that's straight out of left field. I didn't know they still had beef with Russia since Afghanistan decades ago. 
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 189
    Seeing the news instantly brought back memories of the Bataclan :(

It just seems the news is slaughter after slaughter after slaughter. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 663
    edited March 22
    Seeing the news instantly brought back memories of the Bataclan

It just seems the news is slaughter after slaughter after slaughter. 

It made me think of the Moscow theatre hostage crisis back in the 90s(?)

The war in Ukraine is reminiscent of Chechnya. 
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 663
    edited March 22
  • ewalewal Frets: 2584
    Oh dear. And to think just the night before Russia was bombing the fuck out their nearest neighbours.

I know they are innocent people, but find it hard to give a shit. And there I am falling in to the tribalist thinking that causes death and destruction the world over.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11791
    I do give a shit.  Appalling barbarism yet again from Islamic extremists.  I think we can all be certain that Vlad will get extremely medieval on the arses of those responsible.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3493
    Offset said:
    I do give a shit.  Appalling barbarism yet again from Islamic extremists.  I think we can all be certain that Vlad will get extremely medieval on the arses of those responsible.

Thats the worrieng thing, I can see this all going south quite soon, someone is pushing Russia into a situation that could lead to conflict and they arnt doing it without reason, poking the hornets nest can only go one way so you have to ask, who is doing the poking and why.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    robgilmo said:
    Offset said:

Thats the worrieng thing, I can see this all going south quite soon, someone is pushing Russia into a situation that could lead to conflict and they arnt doing it without reason, poking the hornets nest can only go one way so you have to ask, who is doing the poking and why.
    I'd imagine it has a lot to do with Chechnya.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    Ive seen mention that vlad has a track record for such things
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18815
    Offset said:
    You mean the Ukrainians?

Russian FSB security service reported that the perpetrators were trying to escape in the direction of Ukraine. FFS...
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I don’t always flag, but when I do, I false flag…
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3493
    edited March 23
    octatonic said:
    I don’t always flag, but when I do, I false flag…
    Could be, I think though if Ukraine hit Russia on their soil they wouldnt deny it, I think the web isnt that simplistic,  Someone is pushing Russia, I dont think its Ukraine, I also dont think Russia can afford another conventional war and I dont think ISIS are stipud enough to do this either.
    Perhaps Russia want to tie Ukraine to ISIS, a war on terror can be sold easier than a war by way of terror.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    Offset said:
    Well, he's tried that. And it didn't work. Surprise, surprise. But he doesn't care. Yet.
    Offset said:
    You mean the Ukrainians?

Russian FSB security service reported that the perpetrators were trying to escape in the direction of Ukraine. FFS...
    No - I doubt this has anything to do with Ukraine.  This is just Putin's way of deflecting and attempting to further justify his land-grab.

As Ukraine has already pointed out, "any terrorist fleeing the scene of an attack would have to be "stupid or suicidal" – or want to get caught" by heading to the Ukrainian border.

Chechens (or someone afiliated with them) would seem the most likely culprits

*Someone breaks a nail in Russia*
    Putin : "Ukraine did it!!" 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    My enemy's enemy is not necessarily my friend.

I think it's highly unlikely to be Ukraine, it's not their style and they would have too much to lose internationally if it was proven to be them.

ISIS/Daesh are direct enemies of Russia in Syria and Africa so it's entirely believable that it was them, and it definitely *is* their style.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Putin just said this in his speech:

"They tried to hide and moved towards Ukraine, where, according to preliminary data, a window was prepared for them from the Ukrainian side to cross the state border." 

And there it is. The excuse he needed to further escalate the Ukraine invasion.