Re-watching Things

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
The streaming age throws "content" (remember when we used to call them "TV shows"?) at us so quick it's extremely difficult to catch up with everything you mean to watch, let alone watch things AGAIN.

Nonetheless, I found myself last week thinking I muse re-watch Wandavision, Marvel's first, and arguably still best, Disney + TV series, which I remember terribly fondly for getting me through 8 weeks of the second batch of Covid funtimes early in 2021.  I might follow this up with watching Hawkeye again, for the divine Florence Pugh's appearances if nothing else.

Mrs Ed isn't quite as keen as she doesn't want another fortnight of me singing "Agatha All Along" under my breath...

Obviously I re-watch a lot of the Star Trek shows, and I'm going to try and do a lot of "nu-trek" again once the final series of Discovery is over... not just watch Picard Season 3 over and over.

What streaming classics will you all be re-watching?
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1428
    I watch the sopranos every few years,

I remember the main plotlines but its the off the cuff comments and the in jokes that I keep coming back in for.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    I'll be going through Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Ted Lasso again soon. It'll be my third watch of Nine-Nine and second of Ted Lasso.

I've watched Top Gun: Maverick about 4 times now; I actually bought it as soon as it was available on Prime Movies.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3493
    edited March 24
    Ive rewatched a few, BSG springs to mind, The Expanse, Ive watched Lost in Space a few times too.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    I've watched Top Gun: Maverick about 4 times now; I actually bought it as soon as it was available on Prime Movies.
    Yeah me too, basically the perfect film... and actually a much better film than the original.

robgilmo said:
    Ive rewatched a few, BSG springs to mind, The Expanse,
    Trying to convince Mrs Ed to watch BSG, the Expanse is a masterpiece.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12383
    I’ve watched each series of stranger things again just as the new series comes out, I did the same with game of thrones and the boys too. 

I’ve watched dark twice (mainly to ensure I understood it all). 
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1094
    I just started watching Rings of Power on Amazon again, as it happens. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    I do occasionally consider re-watching Brand New Cherry Flavor on Netflix.

I think the best series I've watched were Godless and Mindhunter, but I've no particular plans to watch them again.  There really are too many other things which might be good.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14284
    tFB Trader
    The Wire - watched it 3 times and could easily go back in again 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    1. Father Ted x 1000
    2. Friends x 100
    3. Mickey Flanagan stand up routine x 10
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Seen these classics twice:

Battlestar Galactica 
    Community
    Call my agent (French version)

I'll definitely rewatch Mad Men at some point.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16701
    One benefit of divorce and remarriage is having a new partner to introduce all my favorite old shows to ;) 

We first started with things like Buffy or Community knowing we were both fans

She was very skeptical about BSG, but once past the first few episodes she was totally sucked in.  Similar for The Wire and   The West Wing.    All 3 are now in her top TV shows.

The downside is it works both ways.  I have recently rewatched Lost, and currently on Dexter.  I do enjoy both, having watched them when they came out, but struggle with the way they were messed up before the end. 

We did try Supernatural too, but she became frustrated by the changes to music due to licensing and said it ruined the show.   I couldn't get her interested in Firefly either.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    WezV said:
    One benefit of divorce and remarriage is having a new partner to introduce all my favorite old shows to ;) 

We first started with things like Buffy or Community knowing we were both fans

She was very skeptical about BSG, but once past the first few episodes she was totally sucked in.  Similar for The Wire and   The West Wing.    All 3 are now in her top TV shows.

The downside is it works both ways.  I have recently rewatched Lost, and currently on Dexter.  I do enjoy both, having watched them when they came out, but struggle with the way they were messed up before the end. 

We did try Supernatural too, but she became frustrated by the changes to music due to licensing and said it ruined the show.   I couldn't get her interested in Firefly either.
    Rewatching Lost? Wow you must be a masochist. I struggled through the whole box set once, only because I hate not completing things, but I’d never do it again. The last couple of series were just nonsensical garbage. 

I’ve watched the Sopranos loads of times and have just started over again. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    If I’m flicking through the channels and there’s a Taskmaster that might get watched. Sometimes Family Guy or IT Crowd or Father Ted or Porridge. Talking Pictures shows Vandervalk and I tried watching that but some things are best left alone as happy memories.

I do watch episodes of old sitcoms for the purpose of online chats and sometimes I’ve seen them before, sometimes not. Blackadder, Game On, Dinner Ladies, Up the Elephant and Round the Castle (just awful),Miranda (early ones were better than you think, became awful), Sorry! (best theme tune for worst programme),etc. I quite like a really bad show as long as it’s only 25 minutes long. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5760
    Yeah me too, basically the perfect film... and actually a much better film than the original.

robgilmo said:
    Ive rewatched a few, BSG springs to mind, The Expanse,
    Trying to convince Mrs Ed to watch BSG, the Expanse is a masterpiece.
    As you must know by now, I bleed Trek. Have been since before I was 10 and before there was a “bloody A, B, C or D” but hand on heart the Expanse is possibly the very best SciFi tele that’s ever been made. Could watch it a thousand times over. 

Also being firmly pegged at the less “normal” end of the spectrum, going to familiar ground is a big part of my world. 
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1003
    i will never get tired of watching the thing, alien, aliens, the crow and twin peaks both series and film.  
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    The Wire.  Jist finished the whole thing again after a chance viewing of an early episode.

Probably due a BSG re-viewing soon.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2960
    I don't, and haven't, watched TV for many years. I've no idea about streaming shows but I just watched all of Auf Wiedershen Pet which brought back some happy memories. Ping Pong Pippa?
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JEMJEM Frets: 128
    I always used to avoid re-watching things as it felt like a waste of time when there's so much "content"out there. This changed when my daughter came back from uni right at the beginning of the pandemic.

To pass the time being stuck at home we started watching things together. Most of them I'd seen but she hadn't so I didn't mind re-watching. We started with the Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul and then carried on with whatever I could find online or on DVD from eBay.

What surprised me was how little I actually remembered. Quite often it was like watching for the first time. We've since worked our way through some quite brilliant shows like The Wire, Deadwood, Succession, plus a lot of other stuff, some good, some not so good.

I have also started re-watching Futurama as I had incredibly fond memories of that but sadly, while it's still enjoyable, it seems to have lost of bit of the magic for me over the last 25 years. 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    i will never get tired of watching the thing, alien, aliens, the crow and twin peaks both series and film.  

The first time I watched The Crow I was off work sick, and I loved it so much that when my then girlfriend got in from work, we watched it that evening.

I've watched Sin City over and over again too, and True Romance. Two of my favourite films.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    We're on our third watch of Schitts Creek, still makes me laugh! On iPlayer We've watched Motherland a few times too and This Country. These are all 20mins to 1/2 hour, so good if you are wanting something as a slipper inner!

We don't tend to rewatch many long series but we did the whole of 24 again during lockdown. Jack rocks