2»

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    @sev112 ;
    Is this Concepts App of any use? 
    https://concepts.app/en/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 257
    Some annoyance this morning as Affinity has just been bought by Canva. I assume we have 18 months until it switches to a subscription model, thus continuing the enshittification of everything :( 
    This is a trend at the moment. Audacity, muse & other ‘free’ apps being bought up. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    duotone said:
    @sev112 ;
    Is this Concepts App of any use? https://concepts.app/en/
    Thanks for the reminder.   Had a look on my iPad and had had a look at it about 4 years ago!  I can see some attempts to draw some walls or something like that.   

Did a bit better with FORMIT, which now seems to be an Autodesk kind of thing.

I guess it’s a mindset approach
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    Some annoyance this morning as Affinity has just been bought by Canva. I assume we have 18 months until it switches to a subscription model, thus continuing the enshittification of everything :( 

Oh well balls to that. 

They will get a shock if that's the route they go because every review says "It's not as good as Illustrator, but it's the best one that isn't a subscription"
    Yeah tbh the current apps are still extremely good for the price, it’s just mega annoying as a subscription is now virtually inevitable for the next version, whenever it comes
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176

Oh well balls to that. 

They will get a shock if that's the route they go because every review says "It's not as good as Illustrator, but it's the best one that isn't a subscription"
    Yeah tbh the current apps are still extremely good for the price, it’s just mega annoying as a subscription is now virtually inevitable for the next version, whenever it comes
    I use Affinity to edit my photos and I'm very happy with it. From looking at tutorials etc. it seems that it's missing a few things that Photoshop/Lightroom have, but they're not things I'd use so it's all good. Thinking I might buy the iPad version too while it's still a one-off purchase.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)