Thieving Postie drama

What's Hot
blobbblobb Frets: 2955
So...

Expecting delivery of a new laptop today, Special delivery 1pm. Just so happens it coincided with another SD 1pm delivery letter sent by my mum (which I knew nothing about and was not expecting). The thieving Posite has only gone and switched the pacrcels, claiming delivery of the laptop with a doctored picture of the letter, with delivery address etc covered up.

Royal mail no use, their procedures mean they can't / won't do anything until the end of play today and then it will be taken up by the 'delivery office manager'. He's out on his rounds right now with my laptop in the back of his van, or more likely dropped it off with his mate.

Just wanted to release a bit of steam here..

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    That's awful. I hope you get it sorted. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2955
    I'm fumin' mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16691
    What does the tracking on the parcel you did receive show?
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18799
    If it's the normal Post Office tracking, then it doesn't show any tracking information until it's been delivered. Brilliant...
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16691
    edited March 26
    Yeah, and if both show delivered then it's a thieving postie, if one doesn't it's likely just an error
  • MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 252
    I expect it's an error as he'd have to come back to your house repeatedly on his daily rounds and surely wouldn't want to keep seeing you if he'd nicked something. 

Also, if there's two SD items, the system would show at least one hasn't been delivered despite being sent out with the postman.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5276
    Isn’t there a weight on the sd info
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5276
    Someone tried the old scam of sending a letter in place of a guitar after an eBay purchase.  Not many guitars cost £1.25 to post and weigh 145g
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    mgaw said:
    Someone tried the old scam of sending a letter in place of a guitar after an eBay purchase.  Not many guitars cost £1.25 to post and weigh 145g
    Air guitar! 
    Sorry :( 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I might be wrong of course.  The box has a signature from John (JHON).  I'm waiting for jhon to pop around but I'm not holding my breath. 
    the letter (which I recieved) has been tracked to me, delivered at 08:59 with a photo of the letter, address, QR code visible. The missing box is shown as delivered to JHON at 09:00 and the gps co-ords are about 0.5m apart, no address no qr code visible. If he delivered it to next door he sprinted down my path grabbed the box sprinted up the other path (not short paths) and took a photo of something that was not a box in one minute. Problem is, our neighbour saw him come up our path but not theirs. He must have had something in his back pocket to take a picture of for the second cover item. My guess is he delivered mine and then took a second picture to cover his tracks.  But J'accuse and all that.
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 583
    Was it obviously a laptop? Like sent in the original box with just a label on top?
    Well would you believe it....it's turned up! The slightly bemused (different) postie that dropped it in 'on his way home from work' told me it had mysteriously appeared in a corridor at the depot and his boss asked him to drop it in. I don't know if the person I called at Royal Mail managed to get a call in but it worked. Case closed.
    0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    edited March 26
    Why would a different postman ‘off the clock’ be delivering parcels?

Really glad it worked out ok, but very dodgy behaviour.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24317
    blobb said:
    Well would you believe it....it's turned up! The slightly bemused (different) postie that dropped it in 'on his way home from work' told me it had mysteriously appeared in a corridor at the depot and his boss asked him to drop it in. I don't know if the person I called at Royal Mail managed to get a call in but it worked. Case closed.
    Yeah.

And that wasn't a tannoy'd "To the person who has done this - you have 10 mins to leave it in a safe and visible place...." at all. No sir. Never happened.

I'd still report it to the police and get a crime number.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3693
    Gald you got a happy ending
    Verging on revisiting the Thai massage thread there. I definitely didn't get one of those, not from the postman anyway.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
    blobb said:
    Verging on revisiting the Thai massage thread there. I definitely didn't get one of those, not from the postman anyway.
    Would it be first class, second class or recorded delivery? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I would hope for first class, but settle for second.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28348
    edited March 26
    Always go Special Delivery, or you've no idea who's had their hands on your package. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."