Thieving Postie drama

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11770
    scrumhalf said:
    blobb said:
    Verging on revisiting the Thai massage thread there. I definitely didn't get one of those, not from the postman anyway.
    Would it be first class, second class or recorded delivery?  red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1051
    I sent cash through the post once, which was signed for at the other end by a fake signature and didn’t find its way to the destination I sent it to. 

You try and get a solution and it’s an extremely painful exercise. However I never gave up and I got my money back when the small claims court summons hit their desk.

A friend told me that they will run you right to the death, then when they see you won’t give in you get the call to ask you to drop the claim and they will settle. 

• blobbblobb Frets: 2955
    I threatened the Royal Mail with Police, the supplier with all the evidence that it was their loss and let them sort it out between themselves. Hey ho, it got sorted.  I also had a mate standing by who is a postie in the area, just in case. 
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    Rob1742 said:
    I sent cash through the post once, which was signed for at the other end by a fake signature and didn’t find its way to the destination I sent it to. 

You try and get a solution and it’s an extremely painful exercise. However I never gave up and I got my money back when the small claims court summons hit their desk.

A friend told me that they will run you right to the death, then when they see you won’t give in you get the call to ask you to drop the claim and they will settle. 

I can't believe it - who'd have thought that of the Post Office?  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    I’m lucky, my postie is a lovely fella, always takes good care of my packages, and keeps in eye out for me.  

Las this worked out, shame your postie is a thieving sod 

a friend of mine was a postman back in the 80’s/90’s. A lot of potatoes got all those Xmas presents from ‘missing packages’ on their rounds, or ‘accidentally damaging’ packaging at sorting offices so the contents were visible. 

Seems to have cleaned up a lot since those days. 
    I always send packages ‘special delivery’, tracked, traced, signed for, and insured. 

Not worth the risk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5638
    Glad you got it sorted.  I had a special delivery due about a year ago.  Our usual postie turned up about 12:30 on the day with a few other items but no sign of any special delivery.

When I queried it the postie phoned the delivery office on speakerphone, the lass there got the details from the tracking number and said with nonchalance, "oh that's gone to the wrong delivery office, you won't get that until tomorrow now".

Absolutely no urgency at all despite the fact that I needed that delivery for a trip I was taking the next day, which was the reason I'd selected and paid for special delivery in the first place.

In the end I had to drive to the wrong delivery office and collect it myself.  Outstanding service, eh?

And as for compensation, Royal Mail do not care, they just run you round the houses for months asking the same set of stupid questions by email until the time limit to claim expires.

To be fair though, we have the best postie ever.  His name is Mo and he's always happy and it's always a pleasure when he knocks on the door to hand us our mail and have a quick chat.  The day he gets fed up and moves on will be a sad day.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    I just get mine off father christmas...better safe than sorry...
    I don't think it was my 'usual' postman. Young lad, nervous look about him, fidgety. No cheery patter on the doorstep. The second chap wasn't the usual guy either, you could tell he was the 'senior' postman in the team. Probably sent to quell any dissent. I know loads of posties, all good blokes, hardworking, honest always go the extra mile. I grew up in a village post office / stores. I know how they operate. They don't do dodgy stuff like this. He'll be out the door pronto or at least a good kick up the backside from the others. They won't tolerate stuff like this.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3693
    blobb said:
    Verging on revisiting the Thai massage thread there. I definitely didn't get one of those, not from the postman anyway.
    Maybe if you give him a better tip at Christmas?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18799
    Sporky said:
    Always go Special Delivery, or you've no idea who's had their hands on your package. 
    Hmmmm... "Expecting delivery of a new laptop today, Special delivery 1pm..."   :# 
    drofluf said:
    blobb said:
    Maybe if you give him a better tip at Christmas?
    Like "dont thieve shit you fucker"? :-)
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3010
    This postie got rumbled, shit himself that he was going to be collared by the law, made up an excuse at the depot and got away with it.  He might be a serial tealeaf, might also be a stupid fucker who has now learned his lesson. He will probably be quite sheepish in your neighbourhood for the foreseeable.
    Maybe. But I'm now enjoying the inevitable descent into fretboard punnery and bad jokes. Never change.

While wre're at it, Thieving Postie Drama is an excellent band name, dontyathink?