What's Hot
ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68658209

can't help thinking he ought to take more care
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    edited March 27
    It's always somebody else's fault isn't it.

He just fucked up and should live with his own mistake.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1087
    And first thought is go to the BBC.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    Serious "angry people in local newspaper" vibes...

Angry People in Local Newspapers | Facebook
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    Caught out = Didn't bother checking.

If you miss your holiday as a result own it. Don't fucking moan.

People like this piss me off.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28348
    He should have checked, but equally there was a change in policy that should have been properly communicated, and the airlines could easily check in advance and put a big warning up when booking.

Probably the practice should be stopped now that nowhere seems to honour it. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • PLOPPLOP Frets: 293
    Ah yes i was “caught out” once booking a flight at the wrong time. I can’t believe when I got to the airport they said I was too late! Honestly the gall of some people, broken Britain, then they refused to upgrade me to first class for the inconvenience. 
  • Sporky said:
    He should have checked, but equally there was a change in policy that should have been properly communicated, and the airlines could easily check in advance and put a big warning up when booking.

I think it has already been stopped.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 682
    Who really cares? This is about as much a news story as 'Man accidentally overcharged by 10p when buying newspaper, points out the error to cashier who reimburses him his 10p. While speaking to our reporter, Distraught Derek from Ashlington said he was enraged and felt victimised by this theft attempt. He advises people to watch out and count their change before leaving the shop. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    This is mad, people are complaining that they're getting denied access to flights with expired passports... 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    the_jaffa said:
    It's always somebody else's fault isn't it.

He just fucked up and should live with his own mistake.
    100%. I know the date when mine expires off my heart and I renew 6 months prior to that date.  

This is like forget to wipe his ass after a shit and blame it on the curry the night before.  Nobody forces him to go on holiday and nobody forces him not to renew his passport.

Bunch of Idiots. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200
    I must be a bit thick as I don't understatnd

• If your passport was issued between March 2014 and September 2018 you could be affected

mo6020 said:
    This is mad, people are complaining that they're getting denied access to flights with expired passports... 
    But on his passport it says its still valid until November. It's not super-daft to think that means it's valid until November. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11770
    ^^ It isn't the expiry date though.  It's if your passport is more than 10 years old.  So even if the expiry date is past your date of travel, you're fucked if it's >10 years old!

Bloody Brexit innit!!!  ;)
    Offset said:
    ^^ It isn't the expiry date though.  It's if your passport is more than 10 years old.  So even if the expiry date is past your date of travel, you're fucked if it's >10 years old!

Bloody Brexit innit!!!  ;)
    Yup - I understand the rules, but I can see how someone might look at their passport and think it's valid until it says it expires. 
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4990
    Sporky said:

The practice was stopped immediately after the change was announced. There are still however millions of passports issued with potentially extra validity that could be affected.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4990
    Sporky said:
    mo6020 said:
    But on his passport it says its still valid until November. It's not super-daft to think that means it's valid until November. 
    And it would indeed be valid for travel, just not in the EU or Schengen area. 
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    ftumch said:
    Who really cares? This is about as much a news story as 'Man accidentally overcharged by 10p when buying newspaper, points out the error to cashier who reimburses him his 10p. While speaking to our reporter, Distraught Derek from Ashlington said he was enraged and felt victimised by this theft attempt. He advises people to watch out and count their change before leaving the shop. 
    Yes,I've noticed that on-line publication/syndication permits newspapers unlimited space to include the most awful drivel /non-news .......' Supermarket Cashier horrified to find spider in till '
    and worse still , a creeping tendency to include petty stories of no significance from other countries......Brazil,Australia etc
     'Housewife amused to find Kangaroo in swimming pool '.......Kate Smith of Bryce Road ,Melbourne ,Aus ,came home to find the beast doing the front crawl ...blah,blah ........it might have been vaguely interesting if she lived in Camden Town .
    .....it's only the equivalent of " Sussex man spots Squirrel in tree "

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    That reminds me that I need to renew my passport. Cheers!
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    Must check mine too.  Off the Wales next week.

:)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    Sort of related... I've never understood the bit about needing to have at least 3 months on your passport when you travel. What's the point of that? Why not just make the expiry date 3 months earlier?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)