"caught out"???

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12381
    Sort of related... I've never understood the bit about needing to have at least 3 months on your passport when you travel. What's the point of that? Why not just make the expiry date 3 months earlier?
    It’s in case you get kidnapped or imprisoned then can’t travel home afterwards.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3695
    Sort of related... I've never understood the bit about needing to have at least 3 months on your passport when you travel. What's the point of that? Why not just make the expiry date 3 months earlier?
    I think it' sos if you overstay your planned trip you'll still have a valid passport, both from the point of view of the country you're visiting and to get back in the country when you come home
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    The rule of needing 3 months remaining would still valid....making the expiry date 3 months earlier wouldn't change the rule of needing 3 months remaining.
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 786
    My passport is valid from 16 Sept, 2019 to 16 Sept, 2029. Without knowing anything about special regulations, I would assume that providing whatever trip I made in 2029 was over and done by Sept. 16, I'd be good to go on that passport. If the return date on the trip went beyond 16 Sept, then I would check what I needed to do in advance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4990
    munckee said:
    ^^ Pretty much. It's more related to unexpected hospitalisation, or flight diversions to a country that does insist on it. Most countries just need a valid passport. Again, not EU or Schengen though.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4990
    Must check mine too.  Off the Wales next week.

:)

When we were kids and went on holiday to Wales my Dad always made a point of showing us his passport "for the border".

I was about 10 before I realised! ;) 
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    munckee said:
    ^^ Pretty much. It's more related to unexpected hospitalisation, or flight diversions to a country that does insist on it. Most countries just need a valid passport. Again, not EU or Schengen though.

Thanks all, wis awarded. I guessed it was something like that, but didn't think about the fact that if you went beyond the date you'd be travelling without a passport.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• danodano Frets: 1593
    Its like that football team that flew to Bucharest instead of Budapest
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18809
    dano said:
    Its like that football team that flew to Bucharest instead of Budapest
    Yeah, footballers are always overconfident, they really should have got a pilot & navigator.