HX Stomp Availability and Price

What's Hot
What is going on?! There’s barely any stock and the prices are insane!

Andertons on preorder asking £699, others similar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1125
    Just bad timing i think. You're better off buying used. There's one for £459 on eBay which maybe you've seen already. 
  • willowillo Frets: 386
    They were £500 last month - I think these look like holding prices until things are back in stock?

As for the used market, prices are always high because noone ever really sells their Stomp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    willo said:
    They were £500 last month - I think these look like holding prices until things are back in stock?

As for the used market, prices are always high because noone ever really sells their Stomp.
    Hopefully they’ll come back into stock at £500 then!

I’ve bought and sold a few, and I should just keep one, they’re so useful and I always ending wanting one again!
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    willo said:

Hopefully they’ll come back into stock at £500 then!

I’ve bought and sold a few, and I should just keep one, they’re so useful and I always ending wanting one again!
    Same as that. I sold my last one for £320 because that was what the market dictated at the time.

I don't think I'll ever be seeing another at that price.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12924
    Just bad timing i think. You're better off buying used. There's one for £459 on eBay which maybe you've seen already. 
    Bloody hell. Mine was £400 new when I bought it. 
    Tell me about it. During lockdown they were around 400+ new, 300+ used.

Then again that 459 one on ebay is just listed at that price. No one's actually bought it. Might have been there for ages already. And it does come with a custom dual footswitch and a tap footswitch as well.  Still pricey though. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4149

Then again that 459 one on ebay is just listed at that price. No one's actually bought it. Might have been there for ages already. And it does come with a custom dual footswitch and a tap footswitch as well.  Still pricey though. 
    I feel like I blinked while they went from £250 to £350 secondhand. Current prices are just silly and not worth it imho… although they are great units.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4191
    Omg that’s ridiculous pricing 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26665
    That's...absolutely insane. I bought mine from Andertons just a couple of years ago, B-stock for £299 without a power supply (which I didn't want anyway).

Kinda regretting selling it, given this.

It's getting nuts, though, PMT have the Stomp XL at £963, which is actually more than the Helix LT at GuitarGuitar and only £36 less than the LT at Andertons!
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaiganzenDaiganzen Frets: 102
    I bought mine when they were first released, at around £499 at the time
  • ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 339
    That's...absolutely insane. I bought mine from Andertons just a couple of years ago, B-stock for £299 without a power supply (which I didn't want anyway).

It's getting nuts, though, PMT have the Stomp XL at £963, which is actually more than the Helix LT at GuitarGuitar and only £36 less than the LT at Andertons!
    That Stomp XL price is crazy. I picked up a used one in November locally for £400!
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4148
    Bloody hell. Mine was £400 new when I bought it. 
    I bought mine for £399 from Absolute Music in 2021. 

• louis_LLMlouis_LLM Frets: 126

£963 is absolutely staggering - when did they jump up so much? I’ve got mine listed on here for £480 which seems around the going rate for a good used one. 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1503
    Yamaha Music were selling the XL for less that £500 during Black Friday
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2454
    £699 is crazy. I bought a used (but good as new) Helix LT on Gumtree for £500 a couple of weeks ago.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    edited April 10
    @chrisj1602 - if you're genuinely looking to buy one and haven't seen this one yet:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/254376/fs-hx-stomp#latest

My good deed for the day
    @chrisj1602 - if you're genuinely looking to buy one and haven't seen this one yet:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/254376/fs-hx-stomp#latest

My good deed for the day
    Thank you.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4149

I feel like I blinked while they went from £250 to £350 secondhand. Current prices are just silly and not worth it imho… although they are great units.

Update, I grabbed a used LT - arriving this week! :smiley: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @guitargeek62 congrats. I ended up getting a Stomp XL
  • froglordfroglord Frets: 51
    I bought a new XL in Feb for £599. Glad I didn't wait for the price to come down!