Steve Howe , Trogly and someone called Harrison

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23395
    It seems like Harrison Jr is going to be getting a signature Epiphone or Gibson this year - I'm looking forward to seeing the forum chaos on that one... 
    Shouldn't it be a Fender, with evidence of a refin and dubious-looking dates when you take the neck off?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 159
    If it's a straight copy of his stage guitar like claimed it'll be the only Polaris White SG Jr in the range, and probably at a reasonable price, so if they don't put any weird inlays or graphics on I expect they'll sell a bunch to both fans and SG enjoyers in the same way the Epiphone BJA Jr did!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If it's a straight copy of his stage guitar like claimed it'll be the only Polaris White SG Jr in the range, and probably at a reasonable price, so if they don't put any weird inlays or graphics on I expect they'll sell a bunch to both fans and SG enjoyers in the same way the Epiphone BJA Jr did!
    Oh I see, Harrison Jr, Jr!  I didn't know Yungblud played guitar.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12212
    Philly_Q said:
    He probably doesn't :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    He probably doesn't :-)
    Is he a Machine Gun Kelly type of act?  He kind of looks similar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 159
    Philly_Q said:
    If by that you mean "not aimed at people who can remember the 90s" then yeah, he's pretty similar. My tweenage niece loves him.

I wasn't naturally inclined to give him benefit of the doubt, but I know his old flatmate who says he's lovely so I'm probably just being an old sod. =) Think he can play guitar about as well as any other pop-rock star doing arenas really - is anybody going to a show expecting him to whip out a quick Cliffs of Dover? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    If by that you mean "not aimed at people who can remember the 90s" then yeah, he's pretty similar. My tweenage niece loves him.
    I can remember the '70s, never mind the '90s... I can even dredge up one or two isolated memories from around 1967 if I try hard... 

I didn't really mean anything, I have no idea what either MGK or Yungblud sound like but they both look sort of like "edgy" rappers who might occasionally pick up a guitar.  I know it's narrow-minded, but I can't be bothered to listen to them to find out what they actually do sound like.  Life really is too short.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14568
    edited April 9 tFB Trader
    I sold Steve a Gibson ES347 about 15 years ago - Traded in an ESP Tele and one of his own Signature ES175 - I was a bit of a Yes fan mid late 70's era and had a soft spot for The Clap - So I was talking to him (phone deal) about learning the Clap and I always wanted to play it - He was easy to chat with - Chatted about his collection and he invited me to visit if I was passing - It sounded a genuine invite but I was not near the A30/A38 route to Cornwall, so never made it - But came across as a nice genuine guy
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom