How did last night's gig go?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
    Jalapeno said:
    Keefy said:

Wedding gig on lead guitar for a friend of the singer. Do you ever have a gig where it feels like an invisible force is making you sound and play better? That was last night. I had a head start with the gear - Custom Shop Strat and a self-pimped Tele Deluxe into Matchless Lightning Reverb. I don’t normally use that Strat for such a rocky set but a lot of the time I was stacking a Peacekeeper into a RevivalDrive (with clean blend) and the thing just sang. The Mids switch on the RD really came into its own for fattening things up.

Very tidy set up !

The badge on the drum skin is cool 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2416
    Jalapeno said:
    Keefy said:

Wedding gig on lead guitar for a friend of the singer. Do you ever have a gig where it feels like an invisible force is making you sound and play better? That was last night. I had a head start with the gear - Custom Shop Strat and a self-pimped Tele Deluxe into Matchless Lightning Reverb. I don’t normally use that Strat for such a rocky set but a lot of the time I was stacking a Peacekeeper into a RevivalDrive (with clean blend) and the thing just sang. The Mids switch on the RD really came into its own for fattening things up.

Very tidy set up !

Yes. Yes it was :)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8900
    Festival gig this afternoon. “Back line provided”. So we turn up, and there’s no back line amps. I’m OK. I can DI, and use my powered monitor. The organisers managed to find a bass amp and cab. 

From where I was standing it went well. There were people dancing and singing along, and I didn’t see them do that for any other acts.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1212
    Just back from a pub gig. Great setup and sound guy, but we were woeful. Drummer had crawled out of his sick bed to play, and was definitely below par and we actually stopped a song In the middle with collective amnesia. 
     Had to lug my Bluesbreaker up a steep flight of stairs too. The joys!

They want us back in September!
  • midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 104
    Had a solo gig last night in a pub . Did a 50 minute acoustic spot just me and guitar . Then did 75 min electric spot with backing tracks. All routed through boss street cube 2 , tracks via blue tooth to street cube then line out to in house pa.
    format went down a storm which slightly surprised me. Also first use of Stagetraxx 3 which worked pretty well.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 392
    edited July 14
    Saturday night out with my 3-piece rock/pop covers band in a local pub. Given the choice of playing in the bar or in a smallish marquee outside, we chose inside for fear of being by ourselves when the night turned cold. Only a few in but met up with an old work mate and we went down well. So a good one.
    Sunday at Exmouth Pavilion in the garden outside with our Bowie tribute band. We do this once a year and always look forward to it. We use our PA and there's a DJ to fill in. There was a great summer hols crowd of at least a couple of hundred both in the garden and dancing on the low wall just off the seafront road. Open top buses going by and a giant Ferris wheel with people singing along. We went down a storm and had some good offers of work for next year. All in all a great weekend, now to watch the footy final...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6687
    Last night’s gig went very well, considering I lost my voice this week and hadn’t even spoken for two days. 186 miles to the venue, poor bassist who travelled with me had to talk to himself all the way there…Had no idea what state my voice was going to be in until I opened my mouth to sing the first song…

Oh, did I mention they’d paid extra to upgrade from 2 x 1hr to 2 x 90 mins?! Three hours of singing to do with potentially no voice!!!

Thankfully, though I was sounding more Rod Stewart-esque than usual we got through it. Bassist stepped up and sang more than usual, and the crowd were up for it. Turned out to be a great night. Phew!

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 938
    Saturday afternoon gig on the free outdoor jazz stage at Mouth of the Tyne festival. Sideways rain while we were setting up, stage crew on top of the stage brushing water off, but stopped raining as we started, even so, I left my pedals in the case and went straight into the amp. Enjoyable set of mostly Wayne Shorter tunes, must remember to take my fingerless gloves to every gig though, even if it's bloody July!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom