Okay... I need to sort my board out...

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited October 2014
    Tbh a Strymon Mobius would do me for the phasers - plus expandability options too. Plus midi.

I'm current looking at the Pigtronix Echolution 2 Deluxe, which looks pretty decent. I could get two of them for less than the price of two Timelines.

Basically.. if I can make all my front end pedals midi capable... I can use a midi controller to control my amp and effects quite easily. Pedals in the loop of the amp can be ordinary single stomps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:
    It's kinda fucked, coz I did a quick sketch up of what I need *functionally* this morning on the train...

How the fuck I'm gonna get something to do all this I don't know...
    @Drew_FX, what you want is some sort of rack mount multi-fx unit, like an Axe-FX II.  I know someone who's got one for sail. You could then change your forum name to Drew_Axe_FX
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    heheheheheh... you bellend Chris ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I do try, Drew. I do try.

I like to think that I am the Drew to your Emp. :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I do try, Drew. I do try.

I like to think that I am the Drew to your Emp. :D
    ahahahhaahahaha.
  • I have a few pigtronix bits and I really like them but the 18v power requirement sucks balls
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    I have a few pigtronix bits and I really like them but the 18v power requirement sucks balls
    Yeah it is putting me off slightly.

Out of interest... what other single pedal delays give you external tap tempo and a reverse mode, other than the DD7??
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17878
    tFB Trader
    Marshall Echohead, Behringer.

Not sure you would want either of them.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    Have you had a look at any of the Source Audio stuff, this could store 2 Phaser sounds I reckon.

They also do a reverb in a similar format, then go all out for the delay with a timeline or similar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    dindude said:
    Have you had a look at any of the Source Audio stuff, this could store 2 Phaser sounds I reckon.

They also do a reverb in a similar format, then go all out for the delay with a timeline or similar.
    oooooo... and through the multi-function in, it supports midi.... they all do it looks like.
    edited October 2014 tFB Trader
    The Source Audio stuff all supports MIDI, but in a roundabout way. 

The pro range support full MIDI out of the box, The twos support full MIDI via the hub and the one series can be switched on and off via the hub.

Andy does a nice video of how you can use them.

I think it's daft they don't do a delay. 
    This sounds pretty damn good to me...

tFB Trader
    One of my plans before I got the GT-100 was to get a MIDI pedal and an Orbital Modulator 
    I like their prices, and they seem to have some really good features. Right now... I'm mulling on how you'd set up say the Orbital Modulator and Dimension Reverb, with two other brand delay pedals and a midi controller.
    tFB Trader
    I think it's baffling they don't do a delay. 

They claim they are working on a looper and a MIDI pedal. 
    Yeah I saw they are working on a midi pedal. There is quite a cool HUB box you can use to simplify using an external midi controller with the Soundblox 2 pedals.

I'd never looked much at their other pedals. I had their EQ, and it was really cool. But... was just EQ, nothing to get excited about really.
    tFB Trader
    Is there any way you could get a Boss GT 001 (assuming same functionality as the 100 but small), one/two MIDI delays, and switch it with your FCB1010?
    They've missed a trick with that as the GT001 is tiny and very inexpensive. Having one on a MIDI board would be amazing.

However because it only has one screen it is quite hard to program compared to the GT-100. 
    Rough plan coming together. But @Monquixote, Source Audio are working on a delay pedal, rough timeframe January, according to them on Facebook.
    tFB Trader
    That's cool. 

I seriously thought about getting a hub and a source audio board, but the lack of delay made it kind of pointless.
    I had a good look over their demos last night. I'm not convinced the reverb would do what I want, because it lacks a Hall algorithm.