Fallout.

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3468
Watched the first episode, undecided, its quite silly but quite shocking too, cowboys though?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3006
    50 nuka cola caps says it doesn't come close to living up to the source material
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3468
    50 nuka cola caps says it doesn't come close to living up to the source material
    Ive never played the game, probably why I'm not getting into it properly, it looks well made though, sets are good, special effects are great, acting is good, its presented very well , the whole package is pretty decent, just totally unbelievable in a 'this is silly' kind of way. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    I’m 3 episodes in and they’ve done pretty well for a television adaptation. It’s taking a while to get an idea of what the plot is though 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Watched the first episode last night. The look and feel of it is spot on. I'm a little annoyed that they've dumped the whole series on there though. Would have preferred to have a new episode every week.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10229
    edited April 12
    I watched half the first episode and I thought it was great. The opening scenes were terrifying.

I don't think anyone can successfully translate Bethesda's clunky, aged style into film without it seeming weird, but they appear to have done a good job with taking the themes and style and making it their own thing while paying respect to the games. 

bobblehat said:
    Watched the first episode last night. The look and feel of it is spot on. I'm a little annoyed that they've dumped the whole series on there though. Would have preferred to have a new episode every week.
    If you're anything like me you don't have time to binge a series anyway, so I'd most likely only watch one a week or so anyway. 
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3027
    I’m a bit disappointed to be honest.  It doesn’t seem to know if it’s a comedy or something more serious. The game elements are there but, for me, it’s not tying together as a whole.
    I’m a bit disappointed to be honest.  It doesn’t seem to know if it’s a comedy or something more serious. The game elements are there but, for me, it’s not tying together as a whole.
    I think I some what agree Julian. I'm enjoying it, but I'm enjoying it more for the elements I recognise from the games and seeing it transformed onto live action, rather than enjoying the story at the moment and I'm 5 episodes in. I still haven't figured out the significance of a certain thing which is what everything is suppose to revolve around. 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3468
    I watched the last one today, wow, that was different. Wasnt the cowboy ghoul the same fella from westworld? 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1842
    Nope.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    I watched about half on a flight today. I'm enjoying it greatly. The vibe is pretty spot on to the games; to wit there are several factions, all of whom are a mix of trying to do (what they believe is) the right thing, while also being a bit shady in various ways. With a dose of borderline-comical violence and black humour. 

@robgilmo Walton Goggins wasn't in Westworld but has been a bunch of good stuff - The Shield and The Hateful 8 are my favourites of his. He's almost always the best thing in whatever he's in (unless you're referring to anyone else who shows up in the last 3 eps, in which case I'll tell you when I get there!) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • euaneuan Frets: 1491
    I absolutely binged it today. I really enjoyed it and concur that it bang on nailed the the look and feel of the games, while not being corny. The levelling up of Lucy was really subtly done. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7424
    I watched about half on a flight today. I'm enjoying it greatly. The vibe is pretty spot on to the games; to wit there are several factions, all of whom are a mix of trying to do (what they believe is) the right thing, while also being a bit shady in various ways. With a dose of borderline-comical violence and black humour. 

@robgilmo Walton Goggins wasn't in Westworld but has been a bunch of good stuff - The Shield and The Hateful 8 are my favourites of his. He's almost always the best thing in whatever he's in (unless you're referring to anyone else who shows up in the last 3 eps, in which case I'll tell you when I get there!) 
    He's ace in 'Justified' 

Watched the first 2 episodes of Fallout - it's well made and a compelling vibe for sure.

I only ever played Fallout 3 a handful of times (I just don't have time for these kinds of games however much I'd love to play them) and from what little I remember it seemed to capture the tone of it. 

Is Vault 33 a different number vault to the one in the game? if it is, is there any plot-related connection to that vault? (just asking out of general interest, not for spoilers if they'd be that) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3557
    TimmyO said:

He's ace in 'Justified' 

Watched the first 2 episodes of Fallout - it's well made and a compelling vibe for sure.

I only ever played Fallout 3 a handful of times (I just don't have time for these kinds of games however much I'd love to play them) and from what little I remember it seemed to capture the tone of it. 

Is Vault 33 a different number vault to the one in the game? if it is, is there any plot-related connection to that vault? (just asking out of general interest, not for spoilers if they'd be that) 
    +1 on Justified

Wasn't expecting much of this, but pleasantly surprised. Cooper's moment of awful realisation in ep 8 is pitch perfect. 
  • Hoping to watch this tomorrow. Big fan of fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas. The others not so much, but they're popular for a reason! 

I really hoped it would be about a quest for a water chip :) 
  • AornicAornic Frets: 476
    Loved it. It doesn't take itself too seriously and the dialogue and character interactions are insanely stupidly funny at times. 
    Finished the series yesterday and I’ve really liked it. They nailed the visuals and vibe of the games, taking a lot from New Vegas and Fallout 4 which worked well. 

I’m hoping this will spur the Halo team to learn from this series and start sticking to the source material more
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    So far I've only watched the first episode, and haven't played any of the games, but thoroughly enjoyed it. The black humour and set design are absolutely spot on. Half the fun, now that the scene is set, will be working out what direction the various characters go in.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Watched the whole lot Fri/Sat, good black comedy but dragged a bit towards the end. Annoyingly little resolved plot-wise.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    Never really played the games, maybe I played the first one?  Can't really remember, but I'm familiar with a lot of the imagery and general 50's futuristic dystopic atmosphere.

I think it's great, I'm through episode 4.  The separate threads are all strong and interesting, which isn't always the case with this sort of story telling.

It's a brilliant world in which many stories could be told as long as they didn't jump the shark in the first series.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10229
    robgilmo said:
    I watched the last one today, wow, that was different. Wasnt the cowboy ghoul the same fella from westworld? 
    Ed Harris? No lol :lol: