Fallout.

What's Hot

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3713
    Lasted 10 mins then installed Fallout 4 again….  I like my entertainment active I suppose.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    Rkphilpot said:
    Watched all episodes in a night shift and really liked it, there's some subtle nods to Easter eggs in the games that I enjoyed. Much better than 'The Rings of Power" amazon butchered. 

Also.....Matt Berry
    I wonder if in a future season they'll be in the remains of Neeewwwwww Yoooooork Ci-taaaaaaaaaaay...?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 993
    Just finished Ep7, so finale to go, but I have a few questions:

The character's names.  Do they Die Hard?  Is this intentional?

Her eyes - surely they're CGI, she'd topple over, or have a spring in her neck if they were really that huge?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10342

/\ Lol, bsolutely real and she's all the more lovely because of it. Seen a few interviews of her recently and she comes across as a really lovely person.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1880
    edited April 24
    Buy a Boss EQ200. Fiddle around with the sliders.
    Play guitar like it was a Les Paul. It'll be not a lot different to your Variax 
    I had one too ...

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1880
    Ah. Forgive the above I was replying to a thread in The Gear Page. D'Oh!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2645
    Not off-brand for the forum, though. You can probably mitigate a fair amount of nuclear wasteland with an EQ 200
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 993
    Pretty sure I saw a Big Muff in there, as well as a POG.  Clearly EHX were instrumental in the apocalypse!
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7169
    robgilmo said:
    I watched the last one today, wow, that was different. Wasnt the cowboy ghoul the same fella from westworld? 
    Me and the missus had just been rewatching Sons of Anarchy and went straight from that to Fallout.

He did a great job in SOA as well.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 323
    edited April 26
    I've been through Fallout and liked it a lot. Two principle takeaways. Firstly its made by the same people who brought us Westworld which started out great then rapidly disappeared up its own fundament. Wouldn't like to see the same thing happen here. 3, maybe 4 series. Do as good job on the follow-ups as the first then don't milk it for the sake of a paycheck and ruin the whole thing. 

Second and somewhat depressing is that I didn't consider it implausible that someone would <redacted> in the name of corporate greed. Mark my words. There will come a day when McDonalds goes to war with KFC.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17680
    tFB Trader
    snowblind said:
    I've been through Fallout and liked it a lot. Two principle takeaways. Firstly its made by the same people who brought us Westworld which started out great then rapidly disappeared up its own fundament. Wouldn't like to see the same thing happen here. 3, maybe 4 series. Do as good job on the follow-ups as the first then don't milk it for the sake of a paycheck and ruin the whole thing. 

Second and somewhat depressing is that I didn't consider it implausible that someone would nuke an entire planet in the name of corporate greed. Mark my words. There will come a day when McDonalds goes to war with KFC.

I'd suggest hiding that second bit many people in this thread won't have seen the series until the end.
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 323
    edited April 26

I'd suggest hiding that second bit many people in this thread won't have seen the series until the end.
    Fair enough. But I would also posit that if discovery of a detail in a fictional tv series is enough to ruin your day then possibly you don't have enough excitement in your life. Never quite understood this sort of thing myself. Why did the world apparently give a 541t who shot JR Ewing? Quite likely in the grand scheme of things it didn't but the media can't afford to have it any other way.

BTW you might want to remove the detail from the quote if you consider it important. ; )
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • BarquentineBarquentine Frets: 288
    I'm loving it. Very funny. Way more enjoyable than the rather atrocious 3 Body Problem.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3181
    tFB Trader
    Right, I've never played Fallout, have no idea about the lore or backstory, it's a complete unknown to me.

I sat down and watched the first episode with ZERO preconceptions, didn't even watch the trailer. I managed 45-mins then switched it off. Enjoyed the Vault 33 scenes and whatnot but the rest of it seemed oddly paced and confusing...a cut-and-shut I guess. Did not enjoy. I had the same issue with Breaking Bad...could not get past the first episode despite three attempts. On the fourth try, I stuck with it and it became (inc BCS and EC) my favourite piece of story-telling of all time.

So, with that in mind, I came back to it yesterday and decided to give it another go just in case it got better. I watched up to and inc Ep.7 in one sitting. Bloody brilliant. Fantastic. Jaw-dropping. Mesmerizing.

Ep.8 tonight, can't wait. Fallout 4 downloading to my PS5 as we speak. I'm all in.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17680
    tFB Trader
    RiftAmps said:
    Right, I've never played Fallout, have no idea about the lore or backstory, it's a complete unknown to me.

I sat down and watched the first episode with ZERO preconceptions, didn't even watch the trailer. I managed 45-mins then switched it off. Enjoyed the Vault 33 scenes and whatnot but the rest of it seemed oddly paced and confusing...a cut-and-shut I guess. Did not enjoy. I had the same issue with Breaking Bad...could not get past the first episode despite three attempts. On the fourth try, I stuck with it and it became (inc BCS and EC) my favourite piece of story-telling of all time.

So, with that in mind, I came back to it yesterday and decided to give it another go just in case it got better. I watched up to and inc Ep.7 in one sitting. Bloody brilliant. Fantastic. Jaw-dropping. Mesmerizing.

Ep.8 tonight, can't wait. Fallout 4 downloading to my PS5 as we speak. I'm all in.

My wife who also has very little awareness of Fallout also nearly gave up after ep1 and probably would if I hadn't just stuck ep2 on the next day, but ended up really enjoying it.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7577
    RiftAmps said:

haha - nice. I was like that with The Sopranos. Tried multiple times to get through the first episode then ended up bingeing however many seasons it was. 

With Fallout I played Fallout 3 a bit back on Ps4 but as always with good/big games I just don't get the time to play to be able to properly enjoy (let alone get far through) games, however much I might enjoy it when I do play. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3181
    edited April 30 tFB Trader
    Ok, not sure if we're doing spoilers so I'll err on the side of caution but I enjoyed ep.8 massively. There was always going to be a twist (what show doesn't have one?!) but I genuinely didn't see that one coming. I like it when writers decide to be ambitious and not play it safe. Season 2 should be a good one.

Overall a strong 8/10. I don't think it's quite worth the 93% on RT, but only because Aaron Moten was the wrong casting choice for Maximus. It had a budget John Boyega feel to it which I don't think helped. Maybe it was the role but I feel that Michael B Jordan or similar would added something extra.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27257
    RiftAmps said:
    Ok, not sure if we're doing spoilers so I'll err on the side of caution but I enjoyed ep.8 massively. There was always going to be a twist (what show doesn't have one?!) but I genuinely didn't see that one coming. I like it when writers decide to be ambitious and not play it safe. Season 2 should be a good one.

Overall a strong 8/10. I don't think it's quite worth the 93% on RT, but only because Aaron Moten was the wrong casting choice for Maximus. It had a budget John Boyega feel to it which I don't think helped. Maybe it was the role but I feel that Michael B Jordan or similar would added something extra.
    Yeah very well-done twisty stuff, as I'd hoped we might get from the Westward folks. I had an inkling already that [blank] may have [blanked] the [blank] but I had no idea that the [blanks] were from the [blank].

The really good news is there's no reason season 2 (and presumably any theoretical 3+) can't be just as good because unlike Westworld you can tell LOADS of different batshit stories.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    I need to rewatch ep7 because I totally missed that Erik Estrada was in it!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7577
    RiftAmps said:

I had unfortunately been spoiled with an online headline and knew a massive spoiler - it definitely took the edge off the final episode which was a shame. 
    Red ones are better.