NGD Ivison Dakota

What's Hot
skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 982
edited April 11 in Guitar
I’d been admiring these from a distance for a while and then saw this one come up at Leo and Teds in Northampton and decided to make some enquiries. Contacted them and spoke to a great guy called Tim who was superb from the start of the sale through to the end. I would highly recommend them to deal with. I traded in a couple of guitars to pick this up and got a very good deal on both trade in values.
I've had a few very nice guitars in the past but have to say this Dakota is right up there with the best of them. It plays effortlessly and importantly sounds fantastic for the two bands I’m in. One is a ska, punk, 3rd wave cover band and the other is a Motown and Northern Soul band. The Dakota has been used in both bands now and it handles all the different sounds brilliantly. It is light and well balanced on the strap and the Sunbear pick ups are superb. The nitro finish is very thin so will age nicely and the neck is very comfortable… a medium C shape I’d say. All the hardware is top,quality and the fit and finish is top notch. 
Neil makes great guitars and all the top reviews he gets are well deserved. I’m extremely happy :)

Here’s some photos 

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
0reaction image LOL 47reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1196
    That's lovely. Are they Firebird pickups or just mini-hums that look like Firebird pickups?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Stunner. Love the colour. 
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 982
    That's lovely. Are they Firebird pickups or just mini-hums that look like Firebird pickups?
    Thanks, they are Sunbear’s version of firebird pick ups.

Stunner. Love the colour. 
    Thanks…it was between this and a Pelham blue one they had, they both played equally well but this colour edged it for me.
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14742
    tFB Trader
    I’ve known Tim from Ted and Leo for a few years now- Obviously I don’t see him as a customer as such, but he always comes across as a friendly and approachable guy - I believe he sells more Ivison Guitars than any other uk dealer
    tFB Trader
    Stunner. Love the colour. 
    Agree - nice shade of off white 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3327
    That is incredible, what a beauty! Bet it sounds sublime! 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27687
    That’s spectacular! I really want to try one
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I’ve known Tim from Ted and Leo for a few years now- Obviously I don’t see him as a customer as such, but he always comes across as a friendly and approachable guy - I believe he sells more Ivison Guitars than any other uk dealer
    He’s a great guy to deal with.
    That is incredible, what a beauty! Bet it sounds sublime! 
    Thanks..it does, from punk to ska to Motown…it covers everything.
    That’s spectacular! I really want to try one
    Cheers… you should try one but be warned once you have there’s no turning back !
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5001
    Lovely guitar, enjoy mate :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5200
    That’s all shades of awesome ❤️
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8844
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12495
    Andy: You jammy, jammy, jammy, jammy git.

Let me know when you want to sell it  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks all…:)

@Offset you may be waiting a while !
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2275
    Now that looks cool as fuck. 

I referenced Ivison in the “brands that don’t get the recognition they deserve” thread a week or so ago or whatever and used them as a brand that really seem to be doing everything right and going from strength to strength. I.e. other makers should take note. 

Think my synopsis was pretty bang on. 

That is a severely desirable guitar. 

Not very often I feel envious or inspired by much guitar gear (or even have much to comment on in NGD threads) as I’ve been round the houses and back when it comes to gear, but that is a really pretty guitar. Like, really nice. 

Beyond tasteful, that. I would absolute rock the shit out of it. Mega. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 816
    Noice! 
    Nerine said:

I referenced Ivison in the “brands that don’t get the recognition they deserve” thread a week or so ago or whatever and used them as a brand that really seem to be doing everything right and going from strength to strength. I.e. other makers should take note. 

Not very often I feel envious or inspired by much guitar gear (or even have much to comment on in NGD threads) as I’ve been round the houses and back when it comes to gear, but that is a really pretty guitar. Like, really nice. 

Thanks…I’ve had a few nice guitars like I said but this is one of the best I’ve had…@IvisonGuitars is making some seriously good guitars….have you seen the korina version of this with the humbuckers and stinger on the headstock..!!
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2275
    skaguitar said:
    Nerine said:

Thanks…I’ve had a few nice guitars like I said but this is one of the best I’ve had…@IvisonGuitars is making some seriously good guitars….have you seen the korina version of this with the humbuckers and stinger on the headstock..!!
    I haven’t. And I’m not sure I should… 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nerine said:
    skaguitar said:
    Nerine said:

I haven’t. And I’m not sure I should… 
    If you’re easily tempted…then don’t !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Believe Ivison and Tim (Ted and Leo's Guitars) will be at the Bristol Show this weekend
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7199
    That is a proper guitar. Well played Sir. One does approve.  ;)
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway