NPD: Echo Fix ef-x2

What's Hot
gdculleygdculley Frets: 42
Not quite a pedal but I finally saved up and bought what I think is a dream piece of gear for me - a brand new Echo Fix ef-x2 MK2! The wife would probably throw me out if she knew how much it cost but what a fantastic piece of gear it is! I've previously owned a Roland Space Echo and I loved it but couldn't get past the noise floor and my anxiety over what part of it would break next! The Echo Fix also has a few nifty tricks up its sleeve like an EP style preamp and the ability to switch off the motor for the echo if you just want to use the preamp and/or reverb. It's got a spring reverb as well as a dsp reverb and chorus, all of which sound fantastic. The build of these units is very nice indeed, everything feels high quality and like some real care has gone into it. The tones are endless, hopefully this will keep me busy for quite some time! Here's a couple of photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AvGwAdaxA93HP6AV8

Cheers,
Graham 
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7819
    AWESOME
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pluckbuddypluckbuddy Frets: 299
    Wow. That's great. It's like the ultimate multi-effects unit - I could clear half my pedalboard if I had one.
  • gdculleygdculley Frets: 42
    Yeah that's part of the appeal really, trying to keep my rig to a minimum!
  • I had one and loved it, very tempted for the newer version with the spring reverb and analogue chorus. My one before had digital of these so in end I moved it on due to size constraints and replaced with a bos dm101

Would have one again if it popped up 2nd hand again!

• pt22pt22 Frets: 301
    Very cool, and the ability to turn off the motor is clever n
  • stevrossthepipestevrossthepipe Frets: 139
    Once I finish my euroack case and amp set up this will be top of list. Sounds so superb and glad to know.you rate it.

With the way effects are going the jump in money is actually not that wild of a purchase ha. Lots of care and attention. 
  • gdculleygdculley Frets: 42
    Unfortunately things didn't really work out with this. I was experiencing a problem where the feedback circuit created a ticking noise whenever it was turned above zero. I spent a week or so back and forth with Echofix and ultimately could not solve the issue so it had to go back to Andertons for a refund. I was pretty disappointed as in every other way it was really impressive. Hopefully mine was a one-off but it left a bit of a sour taste so I have moved on. 

Andertons were fairly good with the return process but I think my chances of hearing what the outcome was are pretty slim. I imagine it will go back to Echofix for investigation.
  • JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
    Used one of these in the studio. Good sounding bit of kit, but gotta be honest- the UA plugins get there to the point it wasn't like "ooh there's the real thing" in the mix. I know it's meant to be true to tradition, but really feel a stereo in and out would make them a lot more flexible (though maybe that's a feature on a newer model or something).
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    My buddy has one of the earlier ones in his studio alongside an re-201. The control is great but, for the money, I'd go for a superb condition space echo
  • pmgpmg Frets: 299
    My buddy has one of the earlier ones in his studio alongside an re-201. The control is great but, for the money, I'd go for a superb condition space echo
    That’s what I did but I’d still like an echo fix as well!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom