Peach marketing team on Kool Aid or sniffing something

What's Hot
FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 553
This quote from Peach was in an email I received today. It made me laugh.

"Rabea Massaad is one of the world's most talented and respected guitars players. With flawless technique and a real knack for song writing Rabea has amassed a huge following of diehard dedicated fans."

Really? I've nothing against the chap. He has done well from YouTube. Peach have been sniffing something or drinking too much Kool Aid.

What utter nonsense. 
If I were Rabea I would be getting them to retract that. How embarrassing for him and how stupid from them. 
If I had talent, I'd be talented.
Red meat and functional mushrooms.
Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
FX Plex - Cornell Romany
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    I'm not sure which part of that is wrong?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Cmon he is one of the worlds most talented and respected guitar players... that the majority of the world have never heard of... ;p 

I love Bea. No shade thrown.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 335
    What band is he in?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    OK boomers.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27094
    This Rabea? 

Yeah he's never amounted to much.... :rolleyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Ix1rFuHjE 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1348
    It's hyperbole and I can see where the OP is coming from but I'm not going to die on a hill for it.   :#
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24355
    He's done well for himself - he's earning a living playing.

It's not the traditional way of making a living in music but the world has changed.

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11803
    edited April 17
    He's a great player and seems like a lovely chap, but he's probably barely known outside guitar-sniffing circles.

Peach are over-egging it but as @CaseOfAce pointed out, it's not worth fretting (ahem) about.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22939
    FastEddie said:
    This quote from Peach was in an email I received today. It made me laugh.

"Rabea Massaad is one of the world's most talented and respected guitars players. With flawless technique and a real knack for song writing Rabea has amassed a huge following of diehard dedicated fans."

Well, they haven't defined any of those terms:

"one of the world's most talented and respected guitars players" - top 500,000, at least, probably.
    "flawless technique" - flawless may be a stretch, no-one's flawless, but he's pretty damn good.
    "a real knack for song writing" - he may have written a shitload of great songs, but not many people have ever heard them.  I think you'd have to be his mum to be sure about this one.
    "a huge following of diehard dedicated fans" - well, "huge" is subjective.  20 is huge if you try to fit them into a phone box.

Not knocking him.  Yes of course it's hyperbole.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    edited April 17
    Great songwriter and flawless performer ? No idea, but he picking up paid gigs headlining Reading and Leeds and 375k subs on YT, he's doing something right and clearly enjoying it. Good look to him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Offset said:
    He's a great player and seems like a lovely chap, but he's probably barely known outside guitar-sniffing circles.

Peach are over-egging it but as @CaseOfAce pointed out, it's not worth fretting (ahem) about.

I think the point that's being missed is that the audience is people who interact with Peach guitars.

I hate to break it to you but in the real world 99% of people don't know who Rory Gallagher, SRV, JoBo, John Mayer, or Joe Satriani are but you wouldn't object to them being on the list I'm sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2498
    Are they trying to flog one of his Chapman sigs they got in from a part exchange
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11803
    Offset said:

I think the point that's being missed is that the audience is people who interact with Peach guitars.

I hate to break it to you but in the real world 99% of people don't know who Rory Gallagher, SRV, JoBo, John Mayer, or Joe Satriani are but you wouldn't object to them being on the list I'm sure.
    I'd kind of agree, but to date I don't think RM has sold a shit-load (relatively speaking) of albums.  Happy to be corrected.
    tFB Trader
    Offset said:
    Offset said:

I'd kind of agree, but to date I don't think RM has sold a shit-load (relatively speaking) of albums.  Happy to be corrected.

No one in the last 20 years has sold any albums.

I imagine Dua Lipa has probably sold bugger all albums.

There is a tendency for people to assume that album sales and charts are relevant when for modern artists Spotify, YT and TikTok are what matters. CD sales no longer exist.

He plays guitar with frog leap who have a million streams a month on Spotify and 5M YT subs. If you check their channel you can watch them playing to massive crowds.

He also has nearly 400k YT subs on his own.

He got the Stormzy gig because he was hand picked based on his Instagram profile which suggests he has some level of profile.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22939
    I don't think this discussion is going anywhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18821
    Philly_Q said:
    Dammit, I had such high hopes...
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:

You are quite correct.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7804
    Offset said:

The email with the quote is for a guitar playing audience though
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    Thread seems to be full of outraged middle aged and boomer males who enjoy playing blues on their expensive custom shops, Suhrs and PRS's in the spare bedroom ,complaining that some "yoof" has been mentioned as a world class artist.  
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1097
    Don't blame Peach. Blame artificial intelligence.