Dream Adventure?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• HaychHaych Frets: 5715
    There are loads of YouTube moto adventurers now. The biggest “star” of the lot is probably Noraly Schoenmaker, a Dutch lady who solo travels the world on her motorbike, and edits her own footage, and produces all her own content, arranges her own routes, VISAs etc. And she regularly, two or three times a week, uploads her videos while on the road, she must never give herself a break. 

She makes Ewan and Charlie look like rank amateurs. She even films her own drone footage of herself riding while she’s riding!

Bit of a badass if you ask me. No offroad skills training and no hostage training etc. As a lone female traveler, often passing through some very hostile and lawless places, she’s a bit of a legend. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19107
    Haych said:
    There are loads of YouTube moto adventurers now. The biggest “star” of the lot is probably Noraly Schoenmaker, a Dutch lady who solo travels the world on her motorbike, and edits her own footage, and produces all her own content, arranges her own routes, VISAs etc. And she regularly, two or three times a week, uploads her videos while on the road, she must never give herself a break. 

She makes Ewan and Charlie look like rank amateurs. She even films her own drone footage of herself riding while she’s riding!

Bit of a badass if you ask me. No offroad skills training and no hostage training etc. As a lone female traveler, often passing through some very hostile and lawless places, she’s a bit of a legend. 
    Oooooh, you fancy her you do  ;)
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5715
    Haych said:

Oooooh, you fancy her you do  ;)
    Met her last year, she’s alright, like. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

^ Damned by faint praise  :)

itchyboots motorcycle travel vlogger  rPrettyGirls
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27304
    MrsF wants to do the Iron Ore Train in Mauritania. 

(this isn't her, btw)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

(this isn't her, btw)

I looked it up & it is... interesting  :#
    Your missus is intrepid, insane or maybe both, I couldn't possibly comment  ;)
    https://againstthecompass.com/en/iron-ore-train-mauritania/
  • ewalewal Frets: 2622
    Definitely some sort of round the world trip involving boats, bikes and maybe trains. Proviso being, to go with someone else who can deal with the borders and talking to official people.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3083
    Following this thread and took a look a the old Around the World in 80 days route. That's not an easy one nowadays!

https://en.m.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Around_the_World_in_Eighty_Days
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3626
    Shrews said:
    Following this thread and took a look a the old Around the World in 80 days route. That's not an easy one nowadays!

https://en.m.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Around_the_World_in_Eighty_Days
    It was dooable up until not too long ago.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2917
    edited May 9
    S56035 said:
    I would love to spend a year in the mountains of Canada spending the summer months mountain biking and hiking and the winter months snowboarding.  There's a lot of things that would need to happen for me to be able to do that though with fitness being the most urgent :-)
    I tried to do that, did a summer season in Whistler (lived in Creekside) with a working holiday visa. Made it til October so I didn't actually get to do the snowboard season, but the summer of MTB was amazing. Highly recommended! Whistler Bike Park is just the best place. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27304

(this isn't her, btw)

I looked it up & it is... interesting  :#
    Your missus is intrepid, insane or maybe both, I couldn't possibly comment  ;)
    https://againstthecompass.com/en/iron-ore-train-mauritania/
    Yeah it looks a little hardcore for my tastes.. :D 

But as experiences go I doubt there’s anything else quite like it! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 746
    I like an adventure, but small scale. I have a young son and everything is an adventure to him  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3626
    Kurtis said:
    I like an adventure, but small scale. I have a young son and everything is an adventure to him  :)
    Same, wee man turned 8 a few weeks back, not old enough to do the inca trail but old enough for last minute camping trips and alien hunting in Rendlesham forest. Little boy adventures are the best!

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 988
    munckee said:
    This will be very tame but I’ve always wanted to walk round the coast of Cornwall, apparently takes about 6 weeks.  
    Have you read that about it book - the Salt Path?

I have a mate who fancies himself as a bit of an adventurer. He keeps a load of camping and climbing gear in his boot. We were finishing work a few years ago in a sixth floor office in North Wales - the mountains are like half an hour away and visible through the window. It started to snow and my mate says I am going to sleep out on (name of local mountain that is welsh and I can't spell) - he proceeded to tell me how he would dig a snow cave and sleep in a bivouac..... I was duly impressed and concerned and asked him to check in with me later. 

That evening I embarked on my own snow adventure and walked to the Co-op in the village I live to get a Snickers and a can of coke. My mate was in there buying a 4 pack of skol. We went to the pub to watch the football and never menioned the aborted mountain mission. I thought he'd made a good decision. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom