Ahhh...

What's Hot

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    Well done, you got me. /facepalm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:
    @Drew_fx - I don't have a mum or dad as the one I had weren't really suitable to keep a rabid yard dog.  It doesn't bother me most of the time but occasionally I miss the concept of having parents or my kids having grandparents.  The one thing I do always remind myself though is that I'll never have to mourn or miss them.  Sorry your down mate, just ride it out.
    I'm sorry to hear that matey. If that sounds patronizing, it's not meant to. Bad parents is one of my pet peeves. I'm feeling a bit better now, it was just a momentary quiver of the lip, brought on by seeing parents taking their kids out trick or treatin' lol!

Not patronising in any way and I appreciate it.

I always fucking hated Halloween but my kids are well into it.  I used to find this time of the year the most majorly depressing but actually find myself quite enjoying it now.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014

On another note,  Have you watched Gardener's World recently?  You know that fit, posh chick, Rachel De Thame, she has done a right Axl Rose.  Must of put on seven stone and turned in a Nigella on beef hormones.

This is why I'm never getting married.

I think you should look on the bright side Drew and look in the mirror and see how your dad did a grand job.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_fx said:
    @Drew_fx - I don't have a mum or dad as the one I had weren't really suitable to keep a rabid yard dog.  It doesn't bother me most of the time but occasionally I miss the concept of having parents or my kids having grandparents.  The one thing I do always remind myself though is that I'll never have to mourn or miss them.  Sorry your down mate, just ride it out.
    I'm sorry to hear that matey. If that sounds patronizing, it's not meant to. Bad parents is one of my pet peeves. I'm feeling a bit better now, it was just a momentary quiver of the lip, brought on by seeing parents taking their kids out trick or treatin' lol!

Not patronising in any way and I appreciate it.

I always fucking hated Halloween but my kids are well into it.  I used to find this time of the year the most majorly depressing but actually find myself quite enjoying it now.

I've made a promise to myself to make more of an effort this year, with Christmas and New Years certainly. Usually I don't go in for all that family thing, but I think I'll go home and hang out with them all. My nieces are cray-cray, but lots of fun, and I need to spend more time with my sisters.

I never hated Halloween as a kid. But I don't understand grown adults getting involved. It's weird. It's like.... who wants to go out drinking in a dingey bar with a room full of people who thought it would be megalolz to dress up as Jimmy Saville this year? Nah, not for me thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't get adults into it either.  We live on a main road and seeing groups of 40-something divorcees dressed as #cough# 'sexy' vampires and witches and staggering up the road just spoils the fucking view of the bus stop and the Chinese takeaway.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    :))
    randomhandclaps;398782" said:
    Jetfire said:

I'm done with it, I've said my bit and people agreed so I'm all good.

You do realise that you can't put out an electrical fire with chip fat don't you?
    that doesn't make any sense...

I told my girlfriend to give the trick or treating kids tampons. She has loads in her basement.  Told her to tell them that they were very expensive sweets and could only be opened in front of mummy with mummy's permission.
    edited October 2014

Honoured: Former model-turned-TV garden expert Rachel De Thame has been given the task of revamping the Spirit of Chartwell. She has chosen to bedeck the vessel with red, gold and purple flowers

Rachel de thame in kitchen

• Jetfire said:
    randomhandclaps;398782" said:
    Jetfire said:

I'm done with it, I've said my bit and people agreed so I'm all good.

You do realise that you can't put out an electrical fire with chip fat don't you?
    that doesn't make any sense...

Genuine question: are your parents both still alive @Jetfire?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Why?
    Jetfire said:
    Why?
    Isn't it obvious?

He's trying to get a frame of reference as to why you felt comfortable coming into this thread to make your asinine point about respect.

The bottom line is, you've taken a joke I made on the 22nd of October - almost a week ago - you've taken it way too personally, and tonight decided you'd enact a little crusade against me in order to correct some perceived slight.

No matter that the joke I made had literally NOTHING to do with the original subject matter, and was simply me being crude and very off topic. Hardly the sort of crime that justifies passive aggressive use of the LOL feature; which earlier tonight you defended because apparently people just bring it on themselves for whatever reasons you want to invent at the time.
    Drew, drew, drew, you've missed my point entirely. My point is this: you act like a dick and then get prissy when people do stuff to you that you dislike, stop acting and talking to people on this forum like a full fledgeday member of the dickhead society and people won't try and do things to piss you off. Simple.

However to address the issue about your comments in my thread, I just wanted you to understand that you are highly offensive sometimes and that's not always ok. Just because you think it's funny, you do t have to post all your thoughts into threads. I jusy wondered what you'd have thought if i had used the lol and then made a "retarded joke" joke as you put it.

Does that make sense now?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2014
    *facepalm*

Dude... not every act of dickishness is the same. What do you not get about that?

I am absolutely 100% cool with people being dicks to me, or anyone, if they're direct about it and have some fucking stones.

If they just sit there tittering behind a screen whilst they stalk someone and keep hitting lol buttons like a little bitch, THAT is what I have a problem with.

What is it about this distinction that you don't get?

I understand everything you've said, and what I've been trying to get through your fucking thick skull all night is that YOU'RE WRONG!!

Be a dick to me. Take the piss. Call me a dickhead, an idiot, etc.. etc.. etc.. I'm a big boy, I can take it.

But if you're just going to follow me (or anyone) around and keep hitting those dumb ass buttons because you're too chicken shit to actually have a debate, argument, or altercation... then buddy, whoever you are, you can go fuck yourself.

And this is the point I was making in that thread. But you burst in and effectively go:

BUT DREW! SOMETIMES YOU ACT LIKE A DICK! YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET!

Now do you see why I think you're being an imbecile?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dry your eyes mate, you seem to be one missing the point. I know what you are saying but the point is simple: people are doing it to you because it pisses you off and your thread about it has now made it even more obvious. In fact, there are people now who are going to do it even more because you've told them that it annoys you.

It's the Internet, people will act like little bitches because they can. Are you seriously tell me you haven't worked this out yet?
  • Jetfire said:
    Why?
    Pretty much as @Drew_fx said, to see if you'd come into this thread with any understanding of losing parents or just to Troll him.

This thread started with one person sharing a raw nerve, one I can relate to and a few replied to in the spirit it was intended, and has gone awry at least by a tad.

I appreciate that us childless adults can't understand what it is to be a parent, hence your posts in the parent thread. But equally to us adult orphans (does that phrase even exist?), those who still have their parents don't get how completely bewildering it can be to not have them around any more, especially if they were taken early as in my case, and I think in Drew's also.

Just wondered where your situation was, that's all.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    Sinking the thread. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Jetfire said:
    Dry your eyes mate, you seem to be one missing the point. I know what you are saying but the point is simple: people are doing it to you because it pisses you off and your thread about it has now made it even more obvious. In fact, there are people now who are going to do it even more because you've told them that it annoys you.

It's the Internet, people will act like little bitches because they can. Are you seriously tell me you haven't worked this out yet?
    I am not missing the point. You are. If you remember, it wasn't me who complained about the LOL-stalking. I've experienced it since the dawn of the forum. I've not complained about it.

Someone else brought it up. I explained what I thought was going down. You threw your shit around, and that's why we're here now.

I suggest you take some of your own advice here, because you're coming across a bit arrogant. If I was a woman, it'd be called mansplaining. I don't really know what it is when a man does it to another man.

Anyway... thanks for fucking up yet another thread. Who is the child again? Hypocrite as well it seems! Fucking hell, you're racking up the perks tonight Jetfire!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I like the fact that because you disagree with my opinion, you think I'm wrong. Quality