LOL's on serious posts - maybe we just need facepalms back?

What's Hot
WezVWezV Frets: 16945
firstly, I am aware the way the forum works and I am aware this may get lots of lol's just for mentioning inappropriate lol's

Having recently made a post that got a bit misconstrued I have noticed I keep getting Lol's on serious posts.   Great news, its really boosting my badges.  anyone who looks at my profile will think I must be hilarious :)

actually I find it annoying and cowardly.   I hear people talk about the dark side of this forum, is this what they mean?

I always make an effort to be open and honest, and i make a real effort to give valuable contributions to this forum.

In all honesty, it really fucks me off when i try and make a serious point and it gets Lol'd by some coward who won't openly  type a response.  

the forum equivalent of sniggering behind your hand

7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844
    could be misclicks, I know I've misclicked serious stuff by mistake (there seems to be a bug in the forum that won't allow me to change from one to another unless you I exit the thread and go back in, and sometimes I can't be arsed to do that). I prefer to think people have misclicked my serious posts else I'd have to accept the idea that more than a few people think I'm a dick and I'm quite happy in my delusional state.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I absolutely agree. I get it all the fucking time, specifically when I'm talking about FX or Amps that I've sold previously and re-purchased. I get that it's amusing... but at least have a snappy comment and don't just act like a bellend and hide behind the LOL button.

There are also some people, mentioning no names (Lixarto) who use the buttons to bully and ridicule people.

At the same time... there were a number of posts in that Andertons thread that seemed to be a little eyeroll worthy, so I'm not surprised if that's the thread where people did this to you.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    That's the one Drew, but i would much rather have someone say "wez, you're being a dick" 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    WezV said:
    That's the one Drew, but i would much rather have someone say "wez, you're being a dick" 
    Yup totally agree with you, and if I cared enough about the subject of the thread, I would've probably been the one to say it ;)

But you're totally right on this. There are some proper fucking knob heads here who are massive pussies and wont speak their mind. They're fucking maginas and they piss me off. Passive aggressive idiots who don't have a ball between them and couldn't have a strong opinion if their backbone allowed it.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow you guys take this seriously
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    Wow you guys take this seriously
    Well, er.. yeah. To an extent. Some conversations I take seriously, some I don't. Some people I take seriously, some I don't. But the fact is, there are known people here who use these tactics to intimidate and bait people into fights, and I for one think those people are fucking parasites on this place. Half of them don't even play their instrument! They're too busy smelling of old!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    not really, just genuinely annoyed by the pettiness.  I am fully aware how petty it is

The forum got rid of facepalms for a reason

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    I don't think it's always meant to be intended spitefully. (though I expect sometimes it is)

I get the same thing on some of my posts. It's not a biggie. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1597
    I really didn't understand the reaction you got on that thread, particularly given your track record on here. Your contribution speaks for itself, so ignore it if you can. Strange times on the fretboard lately.
    horse said:
    I really didn't understand the reaction you got on that thread, particularly given your track record on here. Your contribution speaks for itself, so ignore it if you can. Strange times on the fretboard lately.
    I understand posts can be misconstrued and some people only see negative. 
  • Ive honestly never noticed when my posts get tagged as anything? I'm sure some people must find it annoying but I'm not sure I understand why?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I hate it when people are passive aggressive to me, and I've had someone 'follow' me and lol my posts before.  

I ignore it.  Makes me look far funnier than the miserable twunt I am.  

And reminds me that I'm not the only miserable twunt on here.  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WHO THE FUCK LOL'D MY SUPER SERIOUS POST ABOVE?!

;)
  • Why would you give a shit what a bunch of anonymous keyboard warriors think about what you post here? Do you really need affirmation that what you say is amusing, surprising or clever?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2447
    Laughter can occur anywhere, even in serious talk.  There are various types of laughter and unfortunately, because of the nature this forum the recipient of the LOL cannot always know what kind of laugh the respondent means.  Also, laughter and humour are not always connected.

Understandably, however, a genuine laugh-out-loud laugh at something that is meant to be taken seriously, is annoying.  Fucking arseholes.
    it as meant to be a wisdom ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    If you think someone is harassing you let me know. 

It's all tracked and I can find out if someones doing it.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I didn't like Facepalms, they were annoying. Haven't been lol'd though as above, or at least I didn't recognise it. Doesn't sound that bothersome to me, but I'm not belittling the concept if it bothers others. I don't think you can do much about it really, this thread will be read by some people the buried in about a week. Might help if we could see who 'marked' stuff
    Why would you give a shit what a bunch of anonymous keyboard warriors think about what you post here? Do you really need affirmation that what you say is amusing, surprising or clever?
    because i do value this forum.   It's one of the reasons i try and give valuable input back into it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    If you think someone is harassing you let me know. 

It's all tracked and I can find out if someones doing it.
    its not harrassment, at worst its a misunderstanding.  I generally try to fix those, and can't when people just use the buttons
This discussion has been closed.