What's Hot

Comments

• Pete.RPete.R Frets: 480
    Today is Parlor Day

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2617
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1531
    Got two older guitars out today to restring and have a play on.  The Epiphone is a really sweet sounding acoustic, in spite of having a few cracks in the back.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1118
    Put the Gretsch through the VC30 last night.
    Proper garage rock vibe.

‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Al_NicoAl_Nico Frets: 6

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 429
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hi. This one has been a project recently. It's a simple model I picked up second hand but plays very well now I've given it some love. I've been having fun trying a few pickups I had lying about and ended up with a Semour Duncan Full Shred in the bridge and a 490T in the bridge. Both old and had the wire was cut short but I've rescued them.

It makes a range of useful sounds clean and filthy. Oh yeah, I know the T is for treble and should not go in the neck position but I've got a note from my mum says I can if I want.

I'll record some tones from it and post them soon.
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 238

Shouldn't that cable be the other way round, to avoid damaging the jack plate? And do Gibson persist, despite how much they charge for a Les Paul, to make them out of plastic?
    Today had been 'Strat' Day

Shouldn't that cable be the other way round, to avoid damaging the jack plate? And do Gibson persist, despite how much they charge for a Les Paul, to make them out of plastic?
    I only have right-angled cables for silly pedals with top jacks, so never think about clever ideas like that. I’ve yet to damage a guitar by leaving a cable in, though.

That jack plate is a decidedly metal. It’s a ‘91, not sure on much about the shifting sands of LP specs, except I know they had locking jacks in 2011.
    Hi. Today's playing will be mostly about this little 1980's gem. Long scale guitar with good action. I recently found all the bridge parts so got some strings, removed crust from the frets and gave it some new strings. It takes several weeks to setup well and the tremolo works great. I'll mostly be playing Shadows tracks and with my FAB distortion on, play that Van Halen riff starting on A minor.
    edited July 25
    Al_Nico said:
    Hi. This one has been a project recently. It's a simple model I picked up second hand but plays very well now I've given it some love. I've been having fun trying a few pickups I had lying about and ended up with a Semour Duncan Full Shred in the bridge and a 490T in the bridge. Both old and had the wire was cut short but I've rescued them.

It makes a range of useful sounds clean and filthy. Oh yeah, I know the T is for treble and should not go in the neck position but I've got a note from my mum says I can if I want.

I'll record some tones from it and post them soon.
    Hi. Here is a link to a brief mp3 recording of the sound produced by a 490T in the neck position of a Jackson V. It's running through a software modelled Fender amp with post effect chain - delay > chorus > spring reverb.

https://on.soundcloud.com/Nme2dGeABPJSHKk47
  • kentuckyklirakentuckyklira Frets: 971
    PhilKing said:
    Got two older guitars out today to restring and have a play on.  The Epiphone is a really sweet sounding acoustic, in spite of having a few cracks in the back.

I have a real soft spot for those Yamahas.
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
    Al_Nico said:
    Hi. Today's playing will be mostly about this little 1980's gem. Long scale guitar with good action. I recently found all the bridge parts so got some strings, removed crust from the frets and gave it some new strings. It takes several weeks to setup well and the tremolo works great. I'll mostly be playing Shadows tracks and with my FAB distortion on, play that Van Halen riff starting on A minor.

I had a black Hohner G2, was my main guitar for ~ 2 decades
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12893
    Al_Nico said:
    That photo and post made me grin broadly.  Nice one!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12893
    edited July 25
    It'll be the Strat later today.  As I usually go through a Katana Air I'd better make sure I've cabled this up correctly :-)

• NeilNeil Frets: 3766
    Same as yesterday, my Vintera '60's modified (stickers long gone).

edited July 26
    Hi. Today's instrument of choice is this beautiful old acoustic Epiphone made by Gibson guitars and distributed by Oxfam. This particular model has a single guitar strap button, and direct headphone connectivity.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 650
    Noodling along to the cricket in the conservatory last night on my Goldtop and Lionheart via a Fuzzdog Zendrive clone

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom