Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Severe stomach pain for 10 hours +

What's Hot
Oh man never had stomach pain like this before, have taken some stuff so will see what happens. Non stop pain in my lower stomach regions.

Feel like extreme constipations or blockage however 1) bowels were working fine this morning and 2) I havent actually eaten much.

Don't think its appendix though as I have no pain in my right hand side although I do occasionally in my left which is weird.
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    A&E.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • A+E.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    A&E.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Get your fucking ass to the hospital dude.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769
    OBGNY

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27857
    You have 2 choices.

The first is A&E where there are trained medical professionals, experienced in the diagnosis and remediation of bodily ailments.

The second is theFB where there aren't.  (We have some dentists, obviously, but no actual doctors).

Flip that coin again ....
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72945
    Oh man never had stomach pain like this before, have taken some stuff so will see what happens. Non stop pain in my lower stomach regions.

Feel like extreme constipations or blockage however 1) bowels were working fine this morning and 2) I havent actually eaten much.

Don't think its appendix though as I have no pain in my right hand side although I do occasionally in my left which is weird.
    Get to A&E. That's fairly common for appendicitis. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Appendicitis/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Mine was exactly like that - started on the left/middle, then moved down and across, then got *much* worse.

I was 14 when mine happened. My parents waited until the following morning, then called the GP who took one look and said "ambulance, now". My appendix burst some time after I got to hospital and before they operated. Close call.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

TTony said:
    You have 2 choices.

The first is A&E where there are trained medical professionals, experienced in the diagnosis and remediation of bodily ailments.

The second is theFB where there aren't.  (We have some dentists, obviously, but no actual doctors).

Flip that coin again ....
    Pretty sure we've got a few ambulance chasers here ;)
  • If you're well enough to post on here-
    I'd call NHS 111 (just dail 111 on a landline): they're great & can book you an emergency appointment at the hospital to save you waiting there.

If you get any worse. A&E.

Let us know how you get on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24864
    Don't piss about with your health - A & E. If it was unnecessary, feel bad about it after the event. Unrelated in terms of the actual illness but my ex-wife told me today that her nephew (who's 31, one on the nicest people you could ever hope to meet and is due to get married) has just had a cancerous testicle removed having put off going to the doctors for a year.

The next step is to see if the cancer has spread.

Please get yourself checked out ASAP...
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    A+E no need to put it off, this is why we have universal healthcare in the UK.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014

Was it that guy you answered from PlentyofFish bisexual column?

I had my stomach swell up like it was fit to burst with food poisoning one time, only time it has happened with food poisoning.  It was Tesco bacon.  Have you eaten any Tesco bacon?

I know a girl who has had this pain for seven month now.  Her GP said she should go on anti depressants as her pain threshold was poor.  Finally saw the gastroenterologist today, who she has been asking to see for seven months.  His words were, why the hell didn't you see me straight away, there is something seriously wrong, how long have you been like this.  She replied seven months.  Damn GP only works 3 days a week and plenty of stories about utter incompetence, bordering on negligence, and people dying from their misdiagnosis, where even a lay person could see the danger signs, given all the information.

She went to A&E several times, in an ambulance as she was fainting and in dire pain.  The A&E staff sent her straight back home again and said it was just her bowl that was full and gave her a talking to for wasting time.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • A doctor is going to call me apparently
    Old Is Gold
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769
    edited October 2014
    why's he calling you names?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Drew_fx said:
    Get your fucking ass to the hospital dude.

This. Listen to this.

Or (potentially) get as fucking sick as me (health sick, not fucked in the head sick, I know I cover both).

Are you curled up in pain? Can you point exactly where it is? Oh and tell a Doctor, not me.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I'm not doubled over in pain but I have a weird pain threshold so who knows, I couldn't really feel that much when I dislocated my shoulder for the first time a while back.
    Old Is Gold
    Just get it sorted dude, we're supposed to be finishing off that KY jelly next week.

You sound quite like me*, get some proper medical advice.

*I laughed at the bloke who booted me I the side and cracked some ribs....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

VimFuego said:
    why's he calling you names?
    Cos you're pretending to be a doctor now?

mike_l said:

You sound quite like me*, get some proper medical advice.

*I laughed at the bloke who booted me I the side and cracked some ribs....

Sheesh! Must've been a funny joke Mike!