On the subject of Lols / wisdoms etc

What's Hot
I browse this forum often on a mobile. Only recently have I figured out that the wee message saying 'shazam' means that my scrolling gesture has also loled someone or awarded them a wow by mistake.

Might explain some stray Lols (though clearly not all!).
2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    Shazam!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I've accidently subscribed to threads doing that (the star icon seems to be right where my scrolling thumb hits the phone screen). 

"Why am I getting e-mail notifications about this???"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    You guys should do what I do and have a small Asian midget do your browsing for you.

^ I made him type that with his pudgy little fingers.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16914
    Maybe some, less likely when patterns start to form. Although i am acutely aware of the human brains desire to see patterns where none exist
    Who is it that keeps wisdom spamming ICBM?...clearly something's up there ;-)
    8reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Every now and then, it says 'nice try' for me or something.  I worked out yesterday it's when I'm trying to award myself a wisdom or lol.

I swear, I'm not lonely enough to do that.  It's all the mobile experience... It's android's fault...!

...'Kay?
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16914
    Is that a serious post? Can i lol it? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh look, I got a full house for the ICBM joke. I'm doing rather well in the weekly chart I notice ;))
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16333
    Yeh, I get nice try if I accidentally try to award myself something, shazam for awarding others ( which I don't like, makes me think of Paul Daniels achieving climax) and done those accidentally a lot, gone onto facebook when I was trying to award wisdoms, all sorts of cock ups with a small phone and fat thumbs.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I wait until I'm home, in my comfy chair, with (crack)pipe* and slippers. Then I really savour the experience of "SHAZAM"!

(*not really, crystal meth is all they sell here anymore!)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • WezV;398855" said:
    Is that a serious post? Can i lol it? ;)
    It was semi serious.

But the bit about not being lonely enough was just a hilarious ruse. :)
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    edited October 2014
    I think it's friggin sad that people give shit whether they are lolled or wisdomed or whatever. It's a forum, it's banter. Get over yourselves.

"Sir.....sir.....I said something important....and those boys ...... just laughed at me......."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • , shazam for awarding others ( which I don't like, makes me think of Paul Daniels achieving climax) 
    That's a good point we could customise them to be more guitary. It goes without saying that when you click "lol" it should flash up "bigsby". "wah" might be ok for "wow", dunno what wisdom would be though.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Bigsby's are not funny. They are serious business.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72944
    I want the facepalms back. I had quite a nice collection :(.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

tFB Trader
    If it makes you feel better I think the column still exists in the database so I could give you one with an SQL statement. 
  • Is it still possible to award them by doctoring an http call?

Sadly i dont think i saved the format when i worked that one out :(
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    tFB Trader
    I can't remember, but I think the code has actually been removed so I don't expect so.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72944
    edited November 2014
    If it makes you feel better I think the column still exists in the database so I could give you one with an SQL statement. 
    If it's possible! Or could you re-title my Wow! to Facepalm? No-one seems to Wow me much :).

Although it would have to count for minus not plus.

Overall I agree with jellyroll though, some people take them far too seriously. I have a worrying suspicion that I might have rather a lot of wisdoms…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    You make up for it with Wisdoms :)