• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10381
    Wows are overrated.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16915
    For the record, I don't loose sleep over it.

but when i am participating in the forum i will notice things like this - so i asked the question

if we are not supposed to care, why are they even there? Hold on, maybe that should read if we are not supposed to care why are we even here?

i do care about this forum, it gets a lot of my time. If something about it is frustrating me, i want to be able to air it

this isn't a pre-flounce post, and i am only mildly bothered by any of it. But i am not going to pretend i don't care at all
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2014
    WezV said:

this isn't a pre-flounce post, and i am only mildly bothered by any of it.

Good, because the day when an idiot or two bothered you too much when the vast, vast majority love having you around would be pretty tragic.

I look at those kind of people, let call them PATs *, like those middle aged men in Subarus who way until they are just past your car before honking their horn or shouting "wanker!" and speeding off.  Actually makes me chuckle now.  I know it's easier said than done.

*passive aggressive twats.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Is it still possible to award them by doctoring an http call?

Sadly i dont think i saved the format when i worked that one out :(
    Nope. That was only possible because the quick fix was to hide it with CSS (I didn't want to blast an untested code change onto the server, given the amount of traffic we get). I've since made it more permanent by reducing the possible actions to three, so your little hack don't work no more ;)
    <space for hire>
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Before I realised they counted negatively, when I first arrived I gave people facepalms as ironic lols, for things like puns. Partly because I really don't like the lol abbreviation and how it's generally used online.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV;398996" said:
    this isn't a pre-flounce post, and i am only mildly bothered by any of it. But i am not going to pretend i don't care at all
    You would certainly be a loss if you left.

I fully agree with your sentiment - these things can be irritating - particularly on posts where you have imparted significant knowledge (as opposed to the 'opinionated' sort which tend to be more prevalent in OT and SC).

In real life I have a 'skin too thin' - I get quite upset if people think badly of me - particularly if I know my intentions were good. I've toughened up a fair bit over the years but I recognise it is still a facet of my personality.

For anyone with that type of temperament forums can be dangerous places - my flounce from here a year ago was very much about not feeling able to cope with aggression which came my way. To be fair to all involved, there were other things going on and the way I felt was probably down to the cumulative effect of these, rather than solely the forum pasting I took.

Things seems better since I returned - as is life generally. If I felt things were heading they way they were last year, I would probably take a break, rather than asking for my account to be deleted as I did previously.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    @jellyroll

Spot on dude :)
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    Why was the other thread locked?
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    If it makes you feel better I think the column still exists in the database so I could give you one with an SQL statement. 
    Yes but will you give him a facepalm too?

It is a shame to see that there may be some of the old facepalm type nonsense still going on, no need unless it is purely in jest/ironic.

If you have a beef then man up and say so in the thread or ignore the comment/comments.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10381
    WezV;398996" said:
    You would certainly be a loss if you left.

I fully agree with your sentiment - these things can be irritating - particularly on posts where you have imparted significant knowledge (as opposed to the 'opinionated' sort which tend to be more prevalent in OT and SC).

In real life I have a 'skin too thin' - I get quite upset if people think badly of me - particularly if I know my intentions were good. I've toughened up a fair bit over the years but I recognise it is still a facet of my personality.

For anyone with that type of temperament forums can be dangerous places - my flounce from here a year ago was very much about not feeling able to cope with aggression which came my way. To be fair to all involved, there were other things going on and the way I felt was probably down to the cumulative effect of these, rather than solely the forum pasting I took.

Things seems better since I returned - as is life generally. If I felt things were heading they way they were last year, I would probably take a break, rather than asking for my account to be deleted as I did previously.
    I remember that thread,regarding your account @richardhomer but I didn't realise it was you.IIRC it threw up quite a bit of negativity itself.You've definitely found your place here now though ( I agree with your stance on parody threads by the way )

I'm the same and take even the slightest things very personally sometimes.I try not to and I have got better but some things just niggle away at me.
    I'd have probably collected loads of facepalms by now due to my lame attempts at humour but in reality it's of no real consequence on my life as a whole and I've always got the option of not posting anything on here at all.I've had a few what I would consider ironic lols when I think I've made a valid point but again,it's of no consequence.I've given ironic lols myself but always make a point to post that I've given it.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16915
    blueskunk said:
    I hope it was because it went in off at a tangent and became a slagging match between two members, rather than the subject matter itself

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    edited November 2014 tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    blueskunk said:
    I hope it was because it went in off at a tangent and became a slagging match between two members, rather than the subject matter itself

Indeed it was.

There are no rules about criticising the way we do things. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    WezV said:
    blueskunk said:

Indeed it was.

There are no rules about criticising the way we do things. 
    You comb your hair weird.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom