Vinyl

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• So it was the surrounds not the voice coils?
    I like those old Heybrook's,the did a nice turntable too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, I found it. I bought it on ebay in 2006. They cosy usd 18.50 plus postage.
    The link no longer worked , but I see it was called a refoiming kit. They seem to call the rubber rings "foam".
    I also seem to recall there are people that will rebuild them for you as well.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7913
    Heybrook HB1s here too (wired to my PC as well as my turntable, a Thorens TD166 MKII)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5012
    Nice kit @marantz1300  Way back in the 1970s, I had a Supex 900 cartridge [in an LP12 with a Rega arm].  Absolutely the best sound I ever got from vinyl.  As your system is 'old', the Linn suspension is likely to need adjustment.  In fact a full service for the LP12 is called for.  The Supex can be reconditioned by the makers, ask your local Linn dealer.  It is worth it believe me.  The Naim phono stage is the bottleneck in your system.  Any modern stand alone unit, Tom Evans for example, will trash it at 100 paces.

I only ever heard one pair of JR149s.  Circular cabinets IMSMR.  But great sound and worth reconditioning if you can get the drivers.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    All you need is Alba.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew;400833" said:
    All you need is Alba.
    Alba's all you need...
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    Interesting to hear the Heybrook talk, I have HB2's and the "not really a linn" TT2 turntable all live in the loft!