BIG PRAISE TO ANDERTONS

What's Hot

Comments

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4257
    edited June 7
    I've always had good service from them. The thing that springs to mind when I think of Andertons is phoning them to ask for advice on a bass before I bought online, talking to Lee and him steering me towards the cheaper one.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23576
    Philly_Q said:
    LPManic said:
    I like them. Though I do think the blindfold videos when they feature mid-range guitars are completely fixed. Admit it Lee! Admit it Chappers! Yes we know they are adverts more than entertainment but you know and I know that a epiphone LP is not better than a CS Les Paul! Come on!
    Wait until they compare Gibson to Harley Benton!
    That'll never happen because Andertons don't sell Harley Benton!  Have they got their own in-house cheapo brand?
    Whoosh!
    Whoosh me or whoosh you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1992
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    LPManic said:
    I like them. Though I do think the blindfold videos when they feature mid-range guitars are completely fixed. Admit it Lee! Admit it Chappers! Yes we know they are adverts more than entertainment but you know and I know that a epiphone LP is not better than a CS Les Paul! Come on!
    That'll never happen because Andertons don't sell Harley Benton!  Have they got their own in-house cheapo brand?
    Whoosh!
    Whoosh me or whoosh you?
    You who took my content literally. If you haven't seen the amount of posts that compare Harley Bentons to high end guitars then you must have been asleep for a long while.
    edited June 7
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    LPManic said:
    Whoosh!
    Whoosh me or whoosh you?
    You who took my content literally. If you haven't seen the amount of posts that compare Harley Bentons to high end guitars then you must have been asleep for a long while.
    No, I totally got that, I've been fully awake and I've seen all those posts.  My point was that Andertons "review" videos are only ever about things they're trying to sell you, they wouldn't waste their time covering Harley Benton.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12336
    Andertons have their own house cheapo brand they brought into the UK alongside the other members of their retail alliance.

It's called Eastcoast and they are comparable with HB for the money.

I tried one of the £100 odd acoustics and for a quick strummy-strummy guitar it was perfectly decent - great for a beginner.

Some of them are just gorgeous...

https://www.andertons.co.uk/eastcoast-l1-electric-guitar-blue-burst/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwgpCzBhBhEiwAOSQWQYwGN2KzKmHXoWkdFu_ErHtrwc5VT0p-2y8Zjn9l9R0hjlRnIRG_2BoC3MgQAvD_BwE

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • HoofHoof Frets: 498
    You have to credit them with some integrity when they did their most recent Doom fuzz blindfold shootout full of high end and boutique fuzz pedals and the winner was the Behringer Super Fuzz priced @£22! I don't think any of the high end stuff even got an honourable mention.

Keep an eye out for bargains too, I recently got a Walrus Eras distortion for £119.
    Hoof said:
    You have to credit them with some integrity when they did their most recent Doom fuzz blindfold shootout full of high end and boutique fuzz pedals and the winner was the Behringer Super Fuzz priced @£22! I don't think any of the high end stuff even got an honourable mention.

Keep an eye out for bargains too, I recently got a Walrus Eras distortion for £119.
    Oh that video is hilarious.

The chap who is "blind" to the pedals says his £3000 off ebay pedal is rubbish, compared to a £45 Tone City...

We listen so much with our eyes, do we not...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1949
    They're my local shop and get a lot of my money. Never had a problem with them.
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2575
    I bought a pedal online, they called me the next day to say it was their last one and had been on display, the box got a bit knackered and offered me a few quid off which was nice
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 538
    I bought an AC15 from them around 15 years ago. It lasted about a week before the rectifier went. A known fault on the custom classics I learned later. Anyway, I took it back and they replaced it on the spot with an AC30 CC1 for no extra cash. That was a magnificent sounding amp, but over time also became unreliable and ate valves. 

So they’re alright by me! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pluckbuddypluckbuddy Frets: 315
    elstoof said:
    I bought a pedal online, they called me the next day to say it was their last one and had been on display, the box got a bit knackered and offered me a few quid off which was nice
    Interesting. My most recent purchase from them was a pedal that was the last one in stock. When it arrived the instructions were missing and it seemed like the box had been tampered with (not damaged as such but not mint and the inner box had been stuffed into the outer sleave the wrong way making it so tight that it was almost impossible to get it out without damaging it or scruffing it up).

If they had offered me a few quid off as a b stock I probably would've kept it, but it was expensive and I didn't feel 100% on it so it went back. Fair play though they did refund me very quickly. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 929
    I had a cab arrive with a dent in the grille cloth last week (no fault of Andertons, seemed to be damage to the std manufacturers packaging during transit to me). They offered me a return, or some cash off, no questions asked. Happily the dent worked its way out over the weekend, and I didn’t need to send it back or have any money refunded. They’re cool guys. 

And I really like their channel. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1067
    When I read the initial post I can’t help but feel for Bax and Gear4music who if I am reading this correctly were selling the item £100 cheaper than Andertons in the first place.

I have a soft spot for those retailers who are trying to attract sales through cheaper pricing rather than those that have to be forced to do so when a lower price available is mentioned to them.

So if this is the case, Andertons will sell something with an extra £100 mark up, unless it’s pointed out to them in which case they will reduce their price to get the business that maybe should have gone elsewhere.

i haven’t purchased from Bax, gear4music or Anderson’s before, but for me this impost is a good advert for those that initially try harder to get the business.
  • YourArsenal87YourArsenal87 Frets: 312
    Rob1742 said:
    When I read the initial post I can’t help but feel for Bax and Gear4music who if I am reading this correctly were selling the item £100 cheaper than Andertons in the first place.

I have a soft spot for those retailers who are trying to attract sales through cheaper pricing rather than those that have to be forced to do so when a lower price available is mentioned to them.

So if this is the case, Andertons will sell something with an extra £100 mark up, unless it’s pointed out to them in which case they will reduce their price to get the business that maybe should have gone elsewhere.

i haven’t purchased from Bax, gear4music or Anderson’s before, but for me this impost is a good advert for those that initially try harder to get the business.
    Aren’t Bax and Gear4Music just online box shifters or do they have real stores as well? I’m aware Andertons is primarily online retail nowadays, but they still have a large physical store with staff etc. It would not be odd if their pricing is slightly higher, and good on them to price match.
    Rob1742 said:
    You have a point, but bear in mind that what Andertons do to attract customers is entirely up to them, it's a legitimate business model to not join a race to the bottom, possibly even a wise one.

The popular perception that Amazon is cheaper (it often isn't) created by many years of certain things being cheaper on Amazon is wiping out the high street. 

I'm not virtue signalling (I buy shit tonnes of stuff from Amazon) but in a few years, we might all be wishing we spent an extra few quid on the high street.
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2968
    Rob1742 said:

Aren’t Bax and Gear4Music just online box shifters or do they have real stores as well? I’m aware Andertons is primarily online retail nowadays, but they still have a large physical store with staff etc. It would not be odd if their pricing is slightly higher, and good on them to price match.
    I certainly prefer to buy everything from strings to guitars from online stores that also have a physical store - even if it's not near me - as I think this has real value for musicians. Andertons were my favourite store ten years ago, but that began to change during the COVID guitar frenzy: Looking for an American ProII Strat in 2021 I found Andertons were significantly more expensive than anyone else, including Peach who had photographed and weighed their stock. GAK were cheapest, and even knocked another £40 off that price. 

Some time later, Andertons annoyed me enough for me to unsubscribe from their emails and not look at their site for about a year. When I did return, it was only to buy things unavailable elsewhere (e.g. custom shop or FSR). I ended up with £40 in loyalty points, and loaded a shopping cart with accessories I wanted, but then checked another store and found the same items were £10 cheaper - quire a margin on a £40 purchase. I played a game of 'hunt the bargain' - nothing was ever cheaper, but I ended up with only a few quid difference. 

I was really impressed by the power of social media; despite the high prices Andertons seemed to be doing very well. 

The good news is that Andertons seem to have moved into the post-COVID era now, and I've seen some competitive prices in their store recently. Plus I'm impressed that they've had the sense to stock Strandberg, so we now have another dealer for them in the UK. I'm not sure they'll ever be my favourite store again, but there's a good chance I'll end up buying my next Standberg from them rather than GG. 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4384
    I've always found the Captain's lot fair on price. If you want something packaging up well and banging in the post same afternoon, they've always done me right.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6831
    I want to see the Andertons video where Danish Pete does the blindfold test on popular packet bacon brands. Co-op, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons etc. 

I wonder if the Danepak will win....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    merlin said:
    I want to see the Andertons video where Danish Pete does the blindfold test on popular packet bacon brands. Co-op, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons etc. 

Sounds stressful.  He might end up with his nerves Frazzled.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    merlin said:

Sounds stressful.  He might end up with his nerves Frazzled.
    Best bacon crisps is a whole other video...