Line 6 POD HD300 at Andertons

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    They are worth 149 quid definitley
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    I have the POD HD (kidney shape) and its great. THink I paid 230 and its worth that. Cracking sounds, and makes a v good interface too.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    baaaaargain that,

Wish I could find that sort of deal on the bean model, would make home records much easier
  • Is this a sign that Line6 are about to ditch that line in favour of something else? Like, perhaps, the Lobotomised POD X3 AMPLIFi?
    <space for hire>
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2406
    I guess this second hand example puts things into perspective - http://www.coda-music.com/line-hd300-secondhand-p-20141.html
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4787
    The HD400 is better. Less complex than the 500 and more useful features than the 300.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2035
    edited November 2014
    I thought the perceived wisdom was that the HD400 was the one to avoid. 

Little more functionality than the 300 and not nearly as useful as the 500 - although I'm never one to trust the internet.

Any reason you think its best?  
    edited November 2014
    Compared to hd300, 100 effects v 80, option to add external expression pedal, stereo fx loop, and easier floor control with less jumping around. The hd500 was noisy and too menu heavy. But I agree the 300 is possibly the best value and the Andertons price is great. However the 400 is now only £219 which is also a great price but whether its worth the extra £70 depends on your needs and preferences.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • I have the 400 and it's a fantastic piece of kit.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Wonder if they're planning to upgrade the switches on the lower models now? Always wondered why they only did that on the 500 if there's a known flaw with the switches.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7182
    I had a 500 and swapped it for a load of pedals as I hated it.

A real paining the arse to use without using an editor on my Mac. 

Probably great if you have all day to play with patches, but I didn't like the interface at all. I'm really good with Operating Systems as I used to set up and sell Yamaha, Roland, Korg and Kurzweil etc for living. But I found the Line 6 OS a pile of steaming cack.

Give me a knob and a slider and day!
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    edited November 2014
    I'm buying nothing that involves a computer! I hate the fact my tc flashback has a USB port and may have to sell it as it's making me nervous..Got fed up with version 6.1.2.1.0 or line 6 monkey flash this or download that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Was there not issues with these having inadequate DSP power ISTR. They tend to drop out on certain patches. They were quickly discontinued leaving just the 500 which was then upgraded as well as it lacked grunt in the DSP department. Feel free to correct me if wrong Can't say I was not tempted by the Anderson deal as a replacement for my old pod xt
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2950
    I wish this thread would die so I wouldn't get so damn tempted.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Jez6345789 I think the original 500 did run out of DSP on very complex patches with loads of silly effects. Most users probably would hit this limit.
    edited November 2014
    John_A said:
    Jez6345789 I think the original 500 did run out of DSP on very complex patches with loads of silly effects. Most users probably would hit this limit.
      Yup, it was underpowered processor wise.  The newer HD500X is a big improvement here (about 20% more processing power), plus it has better quality & illuminated switches and a brighter clearer contrast display. 
  • Lez325Lez325 Frets: 88
    edited November 2014
    I have a Line 6 POD XT live for sale in the classifieds an amazing bit of kit

Les
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    The 300 and 400 were discontinued - I think it was due to the processor not being made anymore. Line 6 upgraded the 500 to the 500x but it wasn't cost-effective for the 300 and 400 models. Great bits of kit.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    At only £149 for the 300 I'm tempted.
  • Ive never run out of DSP on my 500.  I think you have to create a fairly esoteric duel amp / effects setup to cause a problem.