Line 6 POD HD300 at Andertons

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Ive never run out of DSP on my 500.  I think you have to create a fairly esoteric duel amp / effects setup to cause a problem. 
    It's DSP intensive FX like delays that affects the HD500 .. I sold my 500 to a forumite and bought a 500X - I have a couple of dual amp tones with multiple delays. For the money the HD range is excellent.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7182
    edited November 2014
    I went for a jam last night and had my DT25 at our rehearsal space. The drummer (who is also a really great guitarist) jokingly asked me if I wanted all the Steve Howe patches for the Line 6 range, as he has been programming Steve's live sounds for the last 5 or 6 years using Pods.

Told him I'd ditched the HD500 a while ago and that I'd pass up on his kind offer as I hate Yes and all those terrible scratchy guitar sounds.

Then we laughed, had a few joints and jammed.

The POD XT sounded better to my ears. Had one of those for a few years with all the packs and it was a lot better than the HD500 to me for both getting a sound and tweaking it. I had a Vox Tonelab SE at one point about 7 years ago and that was okay, a bit dull, but easier to get a good basic sound out of. Plus it was really solid and looked like it could handle a pub gig.

I thought the HD500 was poor quality, a pain in the arse to program without an editor and sounded sterile. 

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom