Plymouth City centre shop Fender NOS shocker.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AirmilesAirmiles Frets: 44
    Greatape said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Cue Wacky Races stylee Forum steeplechase to Plymouth.
    Only involving fretboarders who have not previously been to Plymouth, I assure you. 
    Or have been, to tour the distillery ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Greatape said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Cue Wacky Races stylee Forum steeplechase to Plymouth.
    Only involving fretboarders who have not previously been to Plymouth, I assure you. 
    Yeah it's a shithole...

That said, I bet some Fretboarders haven't posted tonight because they are driving there.
    Compared to the major towns of Northamptonshire, it’s a veritable garden of Eden, tbh, but it’s all relative…

I would not be surprised if this is 100% legit. When I worked in a shop, there was a chap who would buy guitars almost monthly for his ‘collection’ - they had to be mint and have their hang tags. He never played them before purchase, because he couldn’t play. 
    About 18months went past and he came into the shop looking to sell his collection - he’d got health issues and had to leave his job. When I visited his house, he literally had 100s of guitars dotted around his house, that he’d collected over 15 years of buying. All mint, unplayed and with their hang tags. 
    At the time I thought this guy was a freak and I’d never see the like again. Fast forward to 2006 and I had to visit a customer who was having problems with a product from a company I worked for. His house was similar - although he did/could play. It was full of boxed, mint examples of every product made by that company… he had done similar with other brands. The house was like a museum…

It takes allsorts to make Bertie, as they say…
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31969
    Sounds like Grogg is having a clearout, thought he was in Scotland though?
    :)
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3534
    Nice business model.
    1. Find a good supplier in China
    2. Every 3 months get a few fakecasters
    3. Show up to local shop which doesn't know much about instruments, "yeah, I'm a collector who doesn't play, I like having them in their cases and looking at them"
    4. ???
    5. PROFIT!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12468
    impmann said:
    Compared to the major towns of Northamptonshire, it’s a veritable garden of Eden, tbh, but it’s all relative…
    Oh yeah... nobody is out shit-towning Northamptonshire!!

I mean they have that lovely bridge in Plymouth, and some warships...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KDSKDS Frets: 222
    impmann said:
    Oh yeah... nobody is out shit-towning Northamptonshire!!

I mean they have that lovely bridge in Plymouth, and some warships...
    You forget to mention the nuclear leakage alarm going off occasionally
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12116
    I can't imagine that a shop with that many guitars that has been running for 30 years would be buying loads of stolen guitars and advertising them on the internet.

The staff will full understand the way all this stuff works.

I'd worry more about fakes generally, whether from ebay or wherever for the top mass-produced big brands.
    I had a lovely guy try to sell me his CS strat about 15 years or so ago, after being put in touch with me by a 100% trusted luthier.
    I realised that the combination of features seemed odd, and the luthier confirmed it must be a fake, the seller was horrified, he'd been conned when he bought it, with all the certificates.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom