What are your hobbies?

What's Hot
giomaielegiomaiele Frets: 21
How are you guys?

I have been feeling lately like I'm constantly hunting for stuff to do on the little time I have free during the day. Yes, I love guitars, pedals, etc, but sometimes I feel like it's "more of the same", if you know what I mean?

I want to get into a new hobby and I was wondering what like minded people (gear heads) are into apart from music and guitar gear?

I'm quite a nerdy person, love tech-y stuff, programming, radios, cameras, games, cooking, etc. And I have been struggling lately to find something I enjoy to do either indoors at home or outdoors - or even online!

I'm curious to see what you guys are into :D

Thanks for taking the time and have an epic day.

Gio.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8164
    Playing guitar
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1050
    Motorcycles, martial arts and sex.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12065
    Photography, if you are gear nerd, there are hundred + years of tech to dived into.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7365
    It sounds very Victorian but Ive really got back into reading and its probably the most relaxing thing I do.  Currently reading a great book about the conflict between the church and the burgeoning archeology movement in the 1800s and how science started people questioning the creation story
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15916
    outside of music I guess my hobbies are mostly reading, hiking and stalking the streets cleansing them of the filth, corruption and depravity of modern society. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 473
    Asking people about their hobbies and generally collecting personal information so I can steal their identities for fun and profit.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3230
    tFB Trader
    I go racing, it's the only thing that scratches all of my competitive and technical itches. Winning races with a car and engine that you built yourself? Yes, please.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 978
    Songwriting/recording, reading (mainly fiction), cryptic crosswords, walking, birdwatching 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4181
    Guitarist
    Gigging
    Recording
    Video editing
    Welding
    Forging knives
    Casting bronze items
    Motorbike racing
    Fly fishing

Although most of the time I just watch Netflix and eat chocolate.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12628
    I live by the beach so kayaking and paddle boarding for the summer, running and cooking all year round.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27894
    edited June 20
    Music is the big one of late, which covers anything from listening, playing, going to gigs, playing gigs, recording, etc etc. But I'm also big on travel, cooking, and photography when the mood strikes, though it hasn't much since COVID. I love a good bit of gaming, but struggle for time there a lot these days. Lego is also brilliant but again judging by the number of unopened boxes I have that's not 

Actually one of the main things is tinkering. Making stuff, mending stuff, taking things apart... A lot of that is music-oriented with pedals and guitars etc, but I designed a bunch of furniture in 2020/2021 which was a fantastic thing to do. I wish I had a workshop and a shitload more time to do that more often. 

@Riftamps the Mazda is awesome but what we all really want to see is closeups of the Nova behind you D  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 377
    edited June 20
    I read lots, listen to vinyl (& accidentally collect it), take photos with an old 35mm SLR, build cheap pedal kits from time to time, lift weights, box (2 sessions if I can: 1 bag, 1 sparring), write sometimes, spend a lot of time hanging out hugging my dog & doing walks with her.

what I wish my hobbies were:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1050
    I read lots, listen to vinyl (& accidentally collect it), take photos with an old 35mm SLR, build cheap pedal kits from time to time, lift weights, box (2 sessions if I can: 1 bag, 1 sparring), write sometimes, spend a lot of time hanging out hugging my dog & doing walks with her.

what I wish my hobbies were:

But does highly greaten the risk of broken bones, knackered joints, STD's and death. :)
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3230
    tFB Trader

@Riftamps the Mazda is awesome but what we all really want to see is closeups of the Nova behind you D  
    It's an unbelievably well-prepared car and the owner, Jason Wood, is the nicest guy you'd ever meet. I had to chase him down for the win at Silverstone and he can certainly pedal a FWD Hot Hatch!

Fun fact, it's not a GTE chassis but a standard car converted to GTE spec to make it eligible for his championship. Genuine GTEs are both too rare and expensive to risk turning into a race car that can be ploughed into a barrier and written off at any minute.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4405
    Hiking
    Weights
    Sport climbing 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5946
    I play some guitar, take some pics and find increasingly successful ways of avoiding human interaction. 

All with as little tech as possible, as that’s the work world. 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3221
    Horse racing. Trying to fathom out the unfathomable from a huge array of stats is the ultimate puzzle for me.

Going to the races. I have now been to 57 of GB's 60 racecourses and will finish the other three this year, plus maybe the 2 in NI.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10634

My work is my hobby, I love designing gadgets, building them, testing them. I’ve been working on a fence panel that uses the wind to create a low frequency AC current … lot of potential and really interesting, 

Drinking beer on the beach is a summer hobby. I’m on the beach now as I type this and it’s almost time for a lunchtime beer. 

Quantum physics is another love. I spend about 15 hours a week listening to the lectures and reading various papers. It’s a hobby that only requires thought so quite a cheap one. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11548
    Arguing with idiots online!**

I really should find something better to do with my time.

** there are a lot less idiots on here than there are on Facebook.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24906
    A little bit of gaming.
    Films

I spend all day at work reading in some form or another so I haven't read a book for years. I really miss it. I have a big library of audiobooks but I often just end up falling to sleep unless I'm in the car.

I haven't even played a lot of music lately since I quit my band. Sometimes I miss it, but at the moment I'm very much enjoying having weekends with nothing to do.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd