Famous Musicians Who've Unwisely Added Talentless Relatives To Their Lineup

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 26.226.2 Frets: 538
    Polly Samson isn’t in the ‘line-up’ - she just writes some of DG’s lyrics. Isn’t that right? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16296
    Would Jedward be the same without John .......the less talented one ?
    Michael had 4 brothers but only Jermaine was truly worthy
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1440
    Err.. Eddie van Halen and his son??!
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    Ry Cooder parachuting his 18 yo son Joachim in with the septuagenarians of Buena Vista Social Club.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1967
    Some of these aren't relatives. Polly Sampson,  Yoko, Linda McCartney are spouses. If we go down that route then we have to include Jeanine Pettibone.
    The Proclaimer's Sister
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3715
    I remember Tina Turner sacking her son as the bassist in her band. Although (if I have the right son) he did give up the bass, turn to acting and get a part in her biopic so I guess it ended well. 

octatonic said:
    Offset said:
    In which bucket do the Zappa progeny belong?
    2 good, 2 not.
    Dweezil does seem to be a gloriously wonderful human being.It's probably rather dated now but he was on Celebrity Wife swap USA (I think that's right) and seemed to be the nicest person you could imagine as well as being a successful actor and a rather dextrous guitarist. If it turns out he eats babies on the full moon I don't care. 

I read a book by Moon which I enjoyed. Ahmet does appear to be a prize dick. I have no idea about Diva - acting and making expensive knitwear apparently. 

A guitarist with a serious practice ethic, who rebuilt his approach to guitar in order to play Frank's music. 

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3715
    JerkMoans said:
    Ry Cooder parachuting his 18 yo son Joachim in with the septuagenarians of Buena Vista Social Club.

Wouldn't call Joachim talentless, though.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10398
    Brio said:
    Some of these aren't relatives. Polly Sampson,  Yoko, Linda McCartney are spouses. If we go down that route then we have to include Jeanine Pettibone.
    Your spouse is your relative mate. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1967
    edited June 22
    Really? Schoolday for me then... insert red-faced emoji.
    So I nominate Jeanine Pettibone then.
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1071
    For some reason I've always had trouble believing that Yoko Ono co-wrote Imagine. I've never been able to put my finger on why this doubt exists.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23713
    CaseOfAce said:
    Err.. Eddie van Halen and his son??!
    I'd be extremely happy if I was as musically "talentless" as Wolfgang Van Halen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    For some reason I've always had trouble believing that Yoko Ono co-wrote Imagine. I've never been able to put my finger on why this doubt exists.
    I find it quite believable - the lyrics are almost childlike* in many places, and some of them sound more like something she would say than Lennon would have.

(*Which is also what makes it great.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1071
    ICBM said:
    I find it quite believable - the lyrics are almost childlike* in many places, and some of them sound more like something she would say than Lennon would have.

(*Which is also what makes it great.)

Inspired, maybe, but co-wrote is a big old stretch.