Paul McCartney gigs

What's Hot
DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7434
Anyone going? I’ve just spent £600 on 4 tickets and it’s a mix of excitement and disgust, but my daughter is obsessed/in love with him and I know it’s very unlikely she’ll ever get to see him if I didn’t. 
I’m a massive fan but if it wasn’t for her I don’t think I’d have done this. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9717
    It's the price you pay for one of the greats I guess...

I've just paid over £300 for 2 crowded house tickets.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7808
    I'm disappointed.  After just reading the thread about people shaving their heads I misread the title as "Paul McCartney WIGS" ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7055
    edited June 21
    I saw the Bootleg Beatles at a festival recently and the Paul McCartney dude had a wig and maybe a bit of plastic surgery - looked weirdly like a waxwork of a Paul McCartney/Sylvester Stallone hybrid..

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.png 1.6M
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1601
    Saw him in 2004 - was one of the nights of my life.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2457
    mrkb said:
    I saw the Bootleg Beatles at a festival recently and the Paul McCartney dude had a wig and maybe a bit of plastic surgery - looked weirdly like a waxwork of a Paul McCartney/Sylvester Stallone hybrid.

Even more authentic if the George-alike was playing a Rocky Strat?
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2406
    mrkb said:
    I saw the Bootleg Beatles at a festival recently and the Paul McCartney dude had a wig and maybe a bit of plastic surgery - looked weirdly like a waxwork of a Paul McCartney/Sylvester Stallone hybrid..

disturbing
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16081
    That's Anne Robinson on the left
    tae be or not tae be
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    I saw him a good few years ago, it was a great gig....sadly I think the voice has given up a bit but its a proper live band gig which is novel nowadays.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7434
    My Dad is a Beatles super fan and all he’d say is to remember I’ll be watching him at 82 not 32 and to watch Glastonbury. So I kind of expect he’ll be struggling with certain bits, but that it won’t be Bon Jovi bad?
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1601
    I wouldn’t worry. His band can cover any vocal shortcomings. 
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2649
    I saw Wings back in the day, phenomenal band and concert but at that point he was deliberately avoiding doing much Beatles stuff.  The best time to see him would have been around 20 years ago when he had a phenomenal band (as he does now), drew freely from the Beatles, Wings and solo hits, and was still in great shape vocally.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Ozzie744Ozzie744 Frets: 59
    Unfortunately, I think that is the going price for the big names now a days.
    I'm guessing at the end of the night it will all be worth it, especially when you see how happy your daughter is.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    I don’t think that’s unreasonable for a Beatle. 

I’m not a fan of mega bucks ticket prices but there’s no argument that Macca is top of the market, and that’s definitely cheaper than a lot of lesser artists are asking lately.

As for the gig, you’ll have a blast. I saw him in 2004 and 2009(?) and wouldn’t hesitate to see him again if I got the chance. There won’t be many more 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12601
    I am clearly in the minority, I saw him at Glastonbury and was really disappointed , he was painfully uninterested until the live show started on bbc and then it was like a cheesy sing a long. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4075
    I’m going and I can’t wait. Taking my 12 year old son and he can’t wait either. I saw him in 2010 and it was awesome. I know his voice is not what it was but so what, he’s 82. It’s fucking amazing to watch a Beatle play the Beatles and I’m proper glad my son will now get to do that too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That’s how I was feeling when it got announced, definitely going to this it’s going to be the best night ever. It might be £500 or something but worth it. 
    I said to her it would be very loud and she said she still wanted to go because she can have ear defenders. My wife agreed and insisted we go.

I’ve then been thrown off by my parents saying she will like the idea in her head but will have a shock once she gets there. “We don’t see any way it won’t be a disaster” were the words but at this point I’d already told everyone about it.
    Since that they’ve been saying I should just leave the kids with them, not tell her where we’re going and just go with my wife, but that’s not the point of this. I’ve liked the Beatles since I was 5 and now I’m going to see one with my daughter. It’s just put a bit of a downer on it I suppose but I’ll get excited again.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7055
    ^ Your parents sound a right laugh - not! They don’t seem very open to adventure!

you haven’t mentioned how old your daughter is, but we took our son to see Black Stone Cherry at age 11 and he loved it.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    She’ll be 8 when we go. We’re sat down and I’ve looked in to it first (searched mum forums) and it seems like people have been taking 5 and 6 year olds to JLS and One Direction. 
    It was quite funny when we told her I managed to get the tickets. She’s been obsessed with The Beatles for over a year now, and Paul McCartney in particular is all she’s talked about every day during in that time. It seems like she hadn’t thought he would age though. 
    We showed her Glastonbury so she knew what it would be like and she didn’t recognise him. 
    “Where is he? What? Who is that? Oh… Hmm yes that’s fine”. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    Saw him in 2004 - was one of the nights of my life.
    That doesn't like much of an endorsement.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."