Paul McCartney gigs

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TimcitoTimcito Frets: 915
    If nothing else, Paul McCartney is a monumental piece of British cultural history. One part of the greatest team of songwriters that emerged from the new genre of teenage pop music after the initial rock and roll bands of the 50s, and then a member of the greatest pop band of that genre.

In terms of bragging rights, it's a bit like seeing Muhammed Ali box, George Best play football, or Laurence Olivier perform at a London theatre.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7434
    My Dad went to watch Man United when he lived in Leicester. He said afterwards he stood outside with his autograph book and George Best was the only person that signed it for him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 915
    DefaultM said:
    My Dad went to watch Man United when he lived in Leicester. He said afterwards he stood outside with his autograph book and George Best was the only person that signed it for him.
    He was my hero as a boy. When I was 9-10 years old, Dad took my brother and me to see United play at Old Trafford several times. We got to see Best play in the classic team of Charlton, Best, Kidd, etc. But Best was the one. In every way, there was just no one like him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom