NPD: Aclam Dr. Robert

chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4070
in FX
I got one of these about a year ago and didn’t keep it long which I did regret, so I got another…

Obviously it does The Beatles, but it can much more too as a boost or overdrive, and the Mach Schau switch is great - it can get nice and fuzzy with that engaged.

Sounds really good though my Marshall Origin 20, and I’m going to try it though some different Tonex amps when I get the time.

Obligatory photo…

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10015
    edited June 21
    Nice, they do sound lovely in the demo videos and that artwork is just brilliant. Enjoy!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2393
    Top marks for art!
  • skayskay Frets: 396
    Hi @chrisj1602 I was the one who bought your Dr Robert from you, and I still love it, so it went to a good home!

Although I initially bought it to play Beatles Revolver songs (which it obviously does very well), lately I’ve been using it more to get a fabulously raw and dirty Velvet Underground tone along with using it with my Les Paul getting convincing Led Zep II tones.

It’s hard not to keep playing ‘She Said She Said’ when you first plug it in, but when you start exploring what else it can do and move past the obvious Beatles tones, it’s a fun and unique sounding pedal to play around with, especially using it as a boost.

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4070
    skay said:
    Hi @chrisj1602 I was the one who bought your Dr Robert from you, and I still love it, so it went to a good home!

Although I initially bought it to play Beatles Revolver songs (which it obviously does very well), lately I’ve been using it more to get a fabulously raw and dirty Velvet Underground tone along with using it with my Les Paul getting convincing Led Zep II tones.

It’s hard not to keep playing ‘She Said She Said’ when you first plug it in, but when you start exploring what else it can do and move past the obvious Beatles tones, it’s a fun and unique sounding pedal to play around with, especially using it as a boost.
    Ah yeah, glad you’re still enjoying it!

I’m going to have to keep this one!
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 331
    This was the first guitar pedal I bought since getting into pedals during COVID. I loved it. It gets surprisingly raunchy with the Mach Shau! circuit engaged. Very much “Revolver” tones otherwise. 

I eventually moved it on because it just wasn’t what I wanted for my “base” sound, and I don’t need a library of pedals. I regret it often. Maybe again one day…