Bad Monkey - why the f#ck I discovered it so late?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    edited November 2014
    Of course, absolutely. And I should have added, I suspect you'd only notice the blanket thing with the bad monkey if you A/B-ed it with a TS or clone. Certainly I only did. When I got it at the start I didn't compare it to the Joyo for a few days as I didn't get round to it, I just wanted to play with my new toy, and it sounded just fine. :))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    joeyowen said:

I'll try one day and post the results over in the Fatherhood thread ;)
    Make sure you run it by our overlord and saviour first!!
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I've lost count of the times a Bad Monkey has come in handy, particularly after I modded it slightly to have two different voicings on a switch.  I don't always use it, but I'm always glad I own it.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3013
    KrisGee said:
    I'm mainly playing axis with maple fretboard and their custom wound dimarzios are a bit on a brighter side hence maybe why I'm liking BM so much?
    Combined with CH1 crunch mode it gives me great smooth lead tone and with burn mode on CH2 it still retains clarity and is very quiet too considering the amount of gain applied. And that's still with the same settings on the pedal meaning it actually added another two useful channels to my amp.
    Every other mid-priced drive pedal I've tried with the express couldn't do that hence why I'm a one happy fella ;)

Pleased you're liking it man ! Funnily enough my main guitar is an Axis too ! 97 model in purple