Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

MFX design rant - why can't manufacturers get the basics right for gigging?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4787
    edited November 2014
    Yup. I think Vox should have had a global wah facility. The newer TLEX haa two pedal sections to give greater flexibility with wah in both - but sadly it's designed as a bedroom toy not a gigging tool.

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Never been in into MFX boards, so I'm wondering - is there a 'formula' for such a system that would suit most gigging guitarists, or do the requirements tend to diverge such that the market for a given type of system might be too small to be worth pursuing? (Or result in systems that are substantially more expensive than the typical MFX unit.)

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    I think people have different requirements, but I think it usually boils down to:

Patch Switching and Manual Switching both easy to use with your feet and easy to switch between both modes
    A nice clear indicator of which patch you are on
    A non shit tuner
    The ability to quickly tweak parameters live if things aren't working or need tuning
    Seamless glitch free operation when changing patches and parameters
    A good MIDI implementation
    Switchable loops and control outs for integrating with amps and other devices.
    Simultaneous speaker emulated and non emulated outs. 

I should think something with all that would meet most peoples requirements. 
    The GT-100 does most of it with the exception of the glitchy delays (and you have to accept it's the size of a house.)