I’m addicted to Return of the Living Dead

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890

In my top five favourite horror films of all time. I had it in VHS when it came out and I pretty much watched it weekly for several months thereafter. Pretty much know the script from start to finish. 

Great soundtrack too. The Cramps, The Tall Boys, Roky Erickson, The Damned. Chuffing brilliant.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    The surfing dead, now baby, loose there heads, now bandy, do the dead. Surfin dead!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 907
    @musteatbrain You know it! 

I was similarly young. I prefer Day to Dawn but absolute classics. Have you seen Blood Quantum? Superb. 
    I have. Totally forgot about that. Quite enjoyed it.
    Think my favourites newer ones are 28 Days Later, Rec, Land of the Dead and Train to Busan.

High hopes for 28 years later and crossing fingers.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25098
    edited June 30
    If we're talking zombie movies specifically, then I would go for Tombs of the Blind Dead, Burial Ground or The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 9013
    I really couldn't bring myself to watch Night of the Living dead again.  It would be a "busman's holiday".  I have to supervise the entire cast collectively every night at work.  Honestly, you should see the fuckers!  It's the same dishevelled, indolent and shuffling gait as the zombies in movies and I'm sure some of them probably have bits falling off them.  The only difference is that my mob's sole intention is to get back to the canteen.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
    Had so many copies of Fangoria from the 80s-90s like A4 copy paper boxes full of them, they went missing over the years, think my dad chucked em out. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    BillDL said:
    I really couldn't bring myself to watch Night of the Living dead again.  It would be a "busman's holiday".  I have to supervise the entire cast collectively every night at work.  Honestly, you should see the fuckers!  It's the same dishevelled, indolent and shuffling gait as the zombies in movies and I'm sure some of them probably have bits falling off them.  The only difference is that my mob's sole intention is to get back to the canteen.

Sounds just like Grimsby town centre.

I swear the producers of The Walking Dead could have shot that show at a fraction of the price had they shot it here. No sets needing to be built as the place is half destroyed already and thousands of extras with zero need of makeup or expensive choreography. 

Guy Martin as Rick Grimes. Sorted.

"Ay up Negan, me old cocker, put the bat down before I chin you one".

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4633
    munckee said:
    My go to film is a few good men. If I come across it on the movie channels I. Tend to watch to the end no matter how far through it is when I start. 
    I thought you meant 12 angry men for a minute , that’s great too , ive not seen a few good men since early 90s & can’t remember much so one to watch again , Demi Moore was in it wasn’t she 
    I’m more a dawn of the dead fan , the old one & the new . I like to think I wouldn’t have screwed up my secret hidey  hole in the shopping mall though. 
    BillDL said:

Sounds just like Grimsby town centre.

I swear the producers of The Walking Dead could have shot that show at a fraction of the price had they shot it here. No sets needing to be built as the place is half destroyed already and thousands of extras with zero need of makeup or expensive choreography. 

Guy Martin as Rick Grimes. Sorted.

"Ay up Negan, me old cocker, put the bat down before I chin you one".

When I last looked on google street view Grandways on Park street’s old shop front is still there. Miss that shop  . It was an alladins cave at Xmas upstairs when they got all the toys out & santas grotto circa 72 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    edited July 1
    I’ve not seen the movie since it came out on VHS in the mid 80’s, but I do still have the vinyl LP soundtrack, and give it spin every now and then.  
    Some great tracks on there. Was my first proper introduction to The Cramps. 
    Was always a big fan of The Damned..