Suggestions for an acoustic upto £800

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PjonPjon Frets: 325
    DrJazzTap said:
    Yeah I am thinking second hand at the moment. Guitarguitar.co.uk have a very nice furch I've been hovering over. 

Furch Yellow G-CR? If so, It was delivered to me on Monday. It is absolutely gorgeous, and genuinely does make me sound like a better player than I really am, which is excellent but maybe in my head because I've just spent a lot of money! :D 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2193
    Pjon said:
    DrJazzTap said:
    Yeah I am thinking second hand at the moment. Guitarguitar.co.uk have a very nice furch I've been hovering over. 

Furch Yellow G-CR? If so, It was delivered to me on Monday. It is absolutely gorgeous, and genuinely does make me sound like a better player than I really am, which is excellent but maybe in my head because I've just spent a lot of money! :D 
    It certainly was! Congratulations looks like a lovely guitar 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1474
    crunchman said:
    Might get a second hand Furch for that.

Yep - used Furch Blue should come in under that.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4017
    DrJazzTap said:
    Pjon said:
    DrJazzTap said:

It certainly was! Congratulations looks like a lovely guitar 
    @DrJazzTap I’ve got a Furch Yellow SR in the classifieds if it’s of interest?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @drofluf thanks mate its something I'd have to get on interest free credit bud. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1662
    edited July 10
    The 12 fret Eastman I have listed in the classifieds has a 1 3/4" nut and lot's of room for fingerpicking. Under your budget too  
    DrJazzTap said:
    @drofluf thanks mate its something I'd have to get on interest free credit bud. 
    No worries 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7300
    DrJazzTap said:
    @Cirrus is right I think I need to go out and try some. I am veering towards a solid bodied guitar. Simply because the taylor ad27 I had was leagues better than any other acoustic I'd tried before. Granted most of the ones I see these days are super cheap ones for a local charity. 
    I was moving  towards acoustic about this time last year. I was pretty much sold on the yamaha LL16 too, tried a few and they were great, but there were quite a few others which would also have been a good fit for me. I really liked the fender paramounts that I tried -they're all wood construction and sounded very lively and bright, even new they'd be well within your budget.

When I went to sound afects to try a load there was one guitar in particular that really stood out, it was called a timberline and it played absolutely beautifully. Sadly, I didn't pull the trigger and it's a bit of a regret as I don't think they're even in business anymore.

Unlike you, I was specifically after a dreadnought and I did actually get lucky when a yamaha A3M came up second hand online -  I jumped at it and I'm glad I did; it's slightly smaller neck width has helped my transition back into acoustic playing and my finger picking has improved immensely. 

Good luck with your search!

Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    tony99 said:
    DrJazzTap said:
    @Cirrus is right I think I need to go out and try some. I am veering towards a solid bodied guitar. Simply because the taylor ad27 I had was leagues better than any other acoustic I'd tried before. Granted most of the ones I see these days are super cheap ones for a local charity. 
    I was moving  towards acoustic about this time last year. I was pretty much sold on the yamaha LL16 too, tried a few and they were great, but there were quite a few others which would also have been a good fit for me. I really liked the fender paramounts that I tried -they're all wood construction and sounded very lively and bright, even new they'd be well within your budget.

When I went to sound afects to try a load there was one guitar in particular that really stood out, it was called a timberline and it played absolutely beautifully. Sadly, I didn't pull the trigger and it's a bit of a regret as I don't think they're even in business anymore.

Unlike you, I was specifically after a dreadnought and I did actually get lucky when a yamaha A3M came up second hand online -  I jumped at it and I'm glad I did; it's slightly smaller neck width has helped my transition back into acoustic playing and my finger picking has improved immensely. 

Good luck with your search!

Thanks mate. We've opened a nice bottle of whiskey this evening. So I may or may not drunkenly order something. Thinking the all mahogany furch om atm.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8537
    What's the bottle?
    Cirrus said:
    What's the bottle?
    Hi mate,  it's an auchentoshan three wood. My girlfriends sister lives in Glasgow so we visited the distillery last year. 
    I am a fan of speyside, highland and the odd islay. We have a bottle of distillery edition oban which we haven't opened yet. We've had a bottle before and remember it having a lovely salted toffee flavour to it. 

As much as I like a dram, we've both stopped buying bottles at the moment. As it's easy to get carried away. 
    The auchentoshan stuff is lovely, and can easily be found under £30 at a supermarket. The American oak one can be used as a bourbon. Makes a great old fashioned.
    I'm always up for suggestions though. Bottles I've tried over the years which I've liked.

Glenfarclas 12 Yr old
    Lagavulin 16yr old (the price has been ramped up on this and I don't feel its worth it now)
    Lagavulin nick offerman guiness edition 
    Loch lomond 12yr 
    Glengoyne 10yr 
    Bunnahabhain stiuireadair

I do like bourbon, that's how I got into whisky. Well that an a whisky tasting tour at Penderyn.  Top bourbons for me 

Buffalo trace - can't think of anything better to spend £17 on
    Wild turkey rare breed , love the 101 lovely and peppery.
    Blantons single barrel, again lovely but has been ramped up in price.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 2037
    DrJazzTap said:
    Cirrus said:
    What's the bottle?
    Hi mate,  it's an auchentoshan three wood. My girlfriends sister lives in Glasgow so we visited the distillery last year. 
    I am a fan of speyside, highland and the odd islay. We have a bottle of distillery edition oban which we haven't opened yet. We've had a bottle before and remember it having a lovely salted toffee flavour to it. 

As much as I like a dram, we've both stopped buying bottles at the moment. As it's easy to get carried away. 
    The auchentoshan stuff is lovely, and can easily be found under £30 at a supermarket. The American oak one can be used as a bourbon. Makes a great old fashioned.
    I'm always up for suggestions though. Bottles I've tried over the years which I've liked.

Glenfarclas 12 Yr old
    Lagavulin 16yr old (the price has been ramped up on this and I don't feel its worth it now)
    Lagavulin nick offerman guiness edition 
    Loch lomond 12yr 
    Glengoyne 10yr 
    Bunnahabhain stiuireadair

I do like bourbon, that's how I got into whisky. Well that an a whisky tasting tour at Penderyn.  Top bourbons for me 

Buffalo trace - can't think of anything better to spend £17 on
    Wild turkey rare breed , love the 101 lovely and peppery.
    Blantons single barrel, again lovely but has been ramped up in price.
    I fully expected an NGD video after this with a tipsy recital of 'I belong to Glasgow' being performed.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @guitarjack66 more likely to be the proclaimers from me
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ordered a Furch blue om mm 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 2037
    DrJazzTap said:
    You have joined the Church of Hari Krishna. Congratulations.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DrJazzTap said:
    Welcome to the club, I think they offer incredible value. 
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 319
    drofluf said:
    DrJazzTap said:
    Welcome to the club, I think they offer incredible value. 
    They do! Yours in the classifieds looks like a tremendous guitar for the money!!