PSA Amazon selling fake Ernie Balls

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1097
    It's hard to imagine Ernie Ball strings being any worse than they are as normal... Unless they were Rotosounds of course. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 379
    I’ve always been wary of Amazon after I bought a sold by Amazon SD card that turned out to be fake. I tend to buy strings from established guitar shops or Strings Direct for peace of mind. 

I didn’t renew Prime last time it came up. I don’t miss it. I had a free trial for 30 days in May as was convenient for getting things for my son’s birthday, but that’s been it. 

Think I’ve mentioned before, we used to have an Amazon recurring order for cat food. Now it’s actually quite nice taking our toddler to the pet shop to buy food and look at all the animals while we’re there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1988
    I’ve started buying from Daddario directly, they have a decent loyalty scheme and the delivery is quick. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4861
    crunchman said:
    allen said:
    I have recently found out that D'Addarios have a code in them that you can put into the website. I am assuming that this means you can check authenticity.

Have also just tried these chaps for strings and they had the best price by miles - although did take a week to arrive from Holland.

https://lordofthestrings.com/en

Yes, it will tell you if they are fake, unless the counterfeiters have found a way to break the numbering system.

You can also get goodies from the loyalty points.

I got one of these through the door on Saturday:

Got the same one with my points too. Nice little tuner.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24200
    Lodious said:
    I’ve started buying from Daddario directly, they have a decent loyalty scheme and the delivery is quick. 
    Do they ship from the States, or is there a UK distributor?
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1579
    I think the standard "internet wisdom" response is that all EB strings are rusty before you open the packet :D 

(I've always used EBs on my electrics and never had a problem personally - in fact the only "rusty in the packet" strings I've had were d'Addario mando strings)
    I've found my dealings with d'addario really good, 

I had one packet where the high E had some tarnish, I contacted them, they sent a new pack and a couple spare high e strings.