Ashamed of your band members behaviour?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24202
    Roland said:
    Jack Black is embarrassed, and the rest of the Tenatious D tour is cancelled, after bandmate's Trump comment https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c0dmx4p4m0lo
    Interesting, isn't it.  The sort of comment no-one would have taken any notice of a few years ago.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Roland said:
    Jack Black is embarrassed, and the rest of the Tenatious D tour is cancelled, after bandmate's Trump comment https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c0dmx4p4m0lo
    Interesting, isn't it.  The sort of comment no-one would have taken any notice of a few years ago.

It's the context of how soon it was.

I was reading a book which was talking about people getting cancelled for making light of 9/11 20 years ago so it used to happen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12158
    I just finished reading Guy Pratt's book, there are a massive amount of these kind of stories in there, I recommend reading it

£2 on Kindle

My Bass and Other Animals Kindle Edition

by Guy Pratt (Author) Format: Kindle Edition

Guy Pratt's life as bass player to the stars. The book behind the successful comedy show.

Guy Pratt came of age just as playing bass became cool, with the likes of Paul Simonon and Bruce Foxton. Having dallied with Funkapolitan, Pratt suddenly found himself on Top of the Pops and supporting David Bowie with smooth Australian outfit Icehouse.

At a ludicrously young age Guy Pratt became a sought after bass player to the stars, finding himself crawling from studio to bar, from hotel to stadium portacabin with Robert Palmer, Womack & Womack, Bernard Edwards, Bryan Ferry and David Crosby, etc. The eighties were in their prime, and with a number of Crolla-suited appearances in windswept videos behind him, he was invited to join Pink Floyd for a series of stadium of extravaganzas to make Bono & co look fairly modest.

Pratt has recorded with Madonna, and spent time in the studio with Michael Jackson. He was in The Smiths for a week, has travelled through customs in a wheelchair after a flight with Jimmy Page, and has lived to tell all. MY BASS AND OTHER ANIMALS emerges from the successful stand-up tour of the same name. It charts his journey from a Mod band in Southend to playing with Roxy Music at Live 8.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24841
    So what happened? Did he joke once that Hitler had a nice moustache and he's back playing Southend again?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."