PSA: PRS Hendrix amps £499 w/free pedal at Peach

What's Hot

Comments

• Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 269
    I’ve only played one prs combo amp and it sucked but I don’t know what model it was.  It’s a recent one that’s all I know.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2244
    edited July 13
    Good deal but not convinced this sounds very good. 

Edit: it sounds pretty decent actually.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2244
    edited July 13
    Boromedic said:
    Quick review, amp sounds really good, definitely more Plexi in person than a lot of the videos. It's loud, well made and a bargain when you consider that with a free pedal you're basically getting the amp for sub £400. Insane really.

It's also better made than a Studio series Marshall, if that bothers you. I'm actually flabbergasted how good it is.
    Congrats! 

How is the master volume? Can this be used at bedroom volumes or is the first notch too loud already? 

Used to have a Marshall origin, based on an plexi too, and having the attenuator on that was more than needed as the master couldn’t get low enough in 20watt mode. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5103
    edited July 13
    Barnezy said:
    Boromedic said:
    Quick review, amp sounds really good, definitely more Plexi in person than a lot of the videos. It's loud, well made and a bargain when you consider that with a free pedal you're basically getting the amp for sub £400. Insane really.

It's also better made than a Studio series Marshall, if that bothers you. I'm actually flabbergasted how good it is.
    Congrats! 

How is the master volume? Can this be used at bedroom volumes or is the first notch too loud already? 

Used to have a Marshall origin, based on an plexi too, and having the attenuator on that was more than needed as the master couldn’t get low enough in 20watt mode. 
    Really good and really usable actually, I have a Runt and my only complaint about the volume on the drive channel is that it's literally nothing then loads of volume and it's very hard to balance it for lower volume playing.

The PRS master is usable throughout it's range, I have it through a Marshall 2x12 (Greenback and old Marshall V30) and it sounds immense. At 1-2 on the volume it's not overly loud but sounds decent for low volume, then as you get to 3-4 it's too loud for the room  so there's a good bit of range before it all gets nuts.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2427
    Boromedic said:
    The PRS master is usable throughout it's range, I have it through a Marshall 2x12 (Greenback and old Marshall V30) and it sounds immense.
    That's a good point about the speakers- most of the demos that I've listened to have been using PRS's matching cab which comes loaded with a Celestion V-type I think. I haven't tried it, but I wouldn't be surprised it wouldn't be my first choice of speaker, especially for that type of amp.
    edited July 18
    For anyone curious about the build quality.... Pretty good TBF, transformers are reassuringly heavy as well. 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2362
    I'd say internally they look a lot nicer than the 20 watt Marshalls. For about half the price, no less. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 941
    Same price and deal in the andertons sale I see - and presumably elsewhere too?
    I think Andertons have only just listed it at that price, Peach was the only one for a while. Pre-order Vs in stock as well. 

It's a bargain wherever to be fair!! :)

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19791
    Boromedic said:
    For anyone curious about the build quality.... Pretty good TBF, transformers are reassuringly heavy as well. 

What's with the modern thing of having lots of glue gunk in electronics?
    Any practical reasons for it or is it like Dumble coveruppery?
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2362
    Boromedic said:

Used in this way it is for structural purposes when you have a farm of caps in close proximity. 

Just solidifies things a bit. Stops potential movement etc. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 598
    Peach have just offered them free with a Novo guitar!
    Have these amps done something to offend those Essex boys? 
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1579
    If I thought I'd be able to move the amp and the pedal on, I'd have thought about it.
    edited July 20
    nero1701 said:
    If I thought I'd be able to move the amp and the pedal on, I'd have thought about it.
    You'll easily sell the pedal I think, conservatively you could get around £120-130 for a Horsemeat on eBay. That makes the amp £370 which is nuts!

The last HDRX I can find on eBay sold for £400, although that was April.

Nerine said:
    Boromedic said:

Used in this way it is for structural purposes when you have a farm of caps in close proximity. 

Just solidifies things a bit. Stops potential movement etc. 
    Yep, it's just about stability and stopping noise I believe. 

Ta to both.  It might be a good solution to a problem, but still looks poor to me in the event of needing repair  ;)
    edited July 20
    Yeah, it probably is, you'd have to ask the techs!! I'm sure it's easily peelable as needed maybe?

Hopefully, as it's better built than some, it won't need much repair  don't look inside a Carr if that stuff bothers you, hahahaha 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4444
    Ta to both.  It might be a good solution to a problem, but still looks poor to me in the event of needing repair  ;)
    Hot snot's not too bad to get off, there is an argument that silicone is better to stop components suffering from vibration long-term.

Having just spent an utterly rage-filled day or thereabouts removing mastic from a bathroom suite ahead of refitting, I'd say that the fewer places silicone is applied to the better. :lol:
    randella said:
    Hot snot's not too bad to get off, there is an argument that silicone is better to stop components suffering from vibration long-term.

Having just spent an utterly rage-filled day or thereabouts removing mastic from a bathroom suite ahead of refitting, I'd say that the fewer places silicone is applied to the better. :lol:
    At least in bathrooms you (usually) have room to work, can use very sharp knives/edged tools with pressure & liberally use silicone sealant remover without fear of totalling your amp/device.
    I feel your pain...
  • HydraHydra Frets: 22
    Anyone tried reverb into it? Does it like it or...?