Single channel high gain with MV and FX loop?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25050
    I had the Studio Classic and thought it was very good.

It is however smegging loud even at the 5W setting. At home to get the power section running you'll need an attenuator.

You'll also need to get the right speakers in your cab.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cornford Roadhouse 30. Gets dirty with the boost, transparent loop, and very solid build. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3121

It is however smegging loud even at the 5W setting. At home to get the power section running you'll need an attenuator.

Good to know, thanks!

Speakers are 2 V30s
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Good to know, thanks!

Speakers are 2 V30s

An appalling video but it gives an idea of what Im after……took me ages to make a vid this bad, so imagine what I binned!

https://youtu.be/xUVyCRR9EkM?feature=shared
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2968
    edited July 16
    Jubilee? They do a lot more than Slash and Bonamassa.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25050
    That's got loads more gain than a JCM800 on it's own. You would need pedals.

The strange thing about EVH is that he had more gain on the early albums and his tone got cleaner as he went along.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• daveyb27daveyb27 Frets: 13
    Cornford MK50 black panel 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 880
    I used to own an Orange Jim Root Terror. Only Terror at the time (no longer made but can be bought used) with a FX loop and a 3 band eq. Sounds great slammed with a TS style pedal. Probably could do what you're looking for and more. Check them out. 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
    Thanks for all the replies chaps lots of food for thought and YT vids…

• De_BatzDe_Batz Frets: 118
    daveyb27 said:
    Cornford MK50 black panel 
    The colour of the panel is of limited importance, but I do concede that the black panel ones sound different. I would recommend either, as the current owner of MK50ii number 322. 

For bright and crisp drive, this is about as good as it gets. Anything beyond is a matter of taste rather than quality. 
    Just a little update
    I did a lot of thinking and YouTubing, my lad suggested a PRS MT 15 head, as luck would have it, there was one for sale on here, so I took a chance.
    Still in the honeymoon period, but Im so far happy with it, it has more gain available than a fully stocked gain shop in Gainsboro and it has a darkness I like
    There is talk that these can be noisy, but either PRS have sorted it or Im just lucky as its no more noisy than my 5150 lbx
    Although listed at 15w it appears its more like 25/30 so it has that bit of extra grunt should a gigging opportunity present itself…..

Thanks to @Aornic for the head….

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7068
    Marshall Astoria Classic.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Friedman PT20