Object of Desire required

What's Hot

Comments

• WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 425
    Top is too fancy for me, but template is V good. (lose the gold too)

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25052
    I've no argument with any of the suggestions so far, but you could just get a nice LP and put one of the many available humbucker-sized P-90s in the neck position.  Bridge humbucker plus an actual P-90 neck does look cooler though.
    Philly_Q said:
    I've no argument with any of the suggestions so far, but you could just get a nice LP and put one of the many available humbucker-sized P-90s in the neck position.  Bridge humbucker plus an actual P-90 neck does look cooler though.
    yeah it's certainly an option.

monquixote said:

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3885
    Reverend Double Agent?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Tall_martinTall_martin Frets: 253
    Get something made?

I'm sure Feline could make you exactly what you describe and so could loads of other custom builders
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    Another recommendation for the Krautster.

I’m similarly like-minded on preferred specs, and will be building (and making available) my own take on it from the new year onwards. :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3450
    edited July 15
    Gibson have done at least two LP's beside the BFG n that configuration, but they're both rare and neither cheap. The Lou Pallo signature and the Sergio Vallin signature. My favourite is probably the Pallo:

And the Vallin for comparison:

They're done a lot more LP's with the bridge humbucker and neck P90 pickup combination, the BFG series wasn't even the first, and not all of them are ''expensive'', in terms of the cost of a Gibson, I seen some for around the £1K mark and even less.  The BFG series where the model I came in to post about, as they are the only non signature ones that I can remember the model name off hand, they also did LP Specials, with the bridge humbucker and P90 neck pickup combination.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    Cream T Aurora
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 547
    edited July 16
    I love the Eggles and Krautsters with the humbucker / P90 setup... out of reach for me unfortunately, so my budget version is a PRS S2 Singlecut with the same configuration (albeit a humbucker sized P90) - it's turned out to be an awesome guitar for not a lot of cash.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3885
    cm01 said:
    I love the Eggles and Krautsters with the humbucker / P90 setup... out of reach for me unfortunately, so my budget version is a PRS S2 Singlecut with the same configuration (albeit a humbucker sized P90) - it's turned out to be an awesome guitar for not a lot of cash.

2*HB guitar of choice - HB sized p90 in neck slot. Boom. 

Prob way easy to do than find an OEM Hb/p90 guitar. 
    Get something made?

I'm sure Feline could make you exactly what you describe and so could loads of other custom builders
    I don't think they are taking on anymore custom work, but one of their Lion models with a pickup swap is a definite option.

monquixote said:

• AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 186
    Greatape said:
    Reverend Double Agent?
    I really like the look of the Reverend Double Agent OG. I know it’s basically a Frankenstein design, but it works for me, somehow. 

• SimonCSimonC Frets: 1419
    A PRS Chris Robertson is a fantastic guitar with that pick-up configuration.

Although it may not be high end enough to scratch your itch!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11966
    edited July 16 tFB Trader
    When this finally gets through the paint-shop it's going to be rather superb
    Kind of went with the 70s vibe of where a P90 got replaced with a hot humbucker in an LP Deluxe, but in a "Korina" V - too pointy for the OP , but fun nonetheless.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    edited July 16
    TimmyO said:
    Cream T Aurora
    Srsly. The first one I saw was a P90/HB combo - I'm on mobile and don't have the fight in me for the 17 steps to post a photo but go see... 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25052
    Kind of went with the 70s vibe of where a P90 got replaced with a hot humbucker in an LP Deluxe

I'm planning on fitting a bridge humbucker - probably a Super Distortion - in my SG Classic, but keeping the neck P-90.   Sort of halfway to late-'70s Glenn Tipton.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4713
    When this finally gets through the printshop it's going to be rather superb
    Kind of went with the 70s vibe of where a P90 got replaced with a hot humbucker in an LP Deluxe, but in a "Korina" V - too pointy for the OP , but fun nonetheless.

That's mint.
    When this finally gets through the printshop it's going to be rather superb

@FelineGuitars ;
    That is lovely, Jonathan,but I'm more a Les Paul, or T Shape guy.
    I'm only a couple of miles down the road from you and ashamed to say I've never popped in. If I were to head down are there built guitars I could try?  A Lion Blues Cat is exactly the kind of thing I'm after by the looks.

monquixote said:

edited July 16
    TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:
    Cream T Aurora
    Srsly. The first one I saw was a P90/HB combo - I'm on mobile and don't have the fight in me for the 17 steps to post a photo but go see... 
    Honestly Tim it's a bit too 'pretty' for me,

monquixote said:

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    Duesenbergs are a joy. Krautster also gets my juices going.

I've got a Duesenberg Starplayer (in pink Sparkle darling !), and a Gibson LP BFG with P90/HB combo and love them both for different reasons ....

I used to have a B&G 'Lil Sister which also had the P90/HB combo.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback