Daniels new Gravitas model, firebird inspired

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1047
    Presumably this is an "eye of the beholder" thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    tFB Trader
    impmann said:
    That’s lovely.
    Can I suggest an addition? A vibrola (long body) would look absolutely amazing on there.
    It's an offset so that won't work, I've got a goldo short trem going on a set neck but a short vibrola would look pretty cool, thanks for the suggestion, didn't think of that.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Not sure what you mean but if you don't like it no problem, different guitars appeal to different people, this model is because I didn't want a firebird, I built one and they're not for me apart from the sound.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15382
    tFB Trader
    Not sure what you mean but if you don't like it no problem, different guitars appeal to different people, this model is because I didn't want a firebird, I built one and they're not for me apart from the sound.
    Fading memory bank - Did I see that Firebird - Customer collected it from you at the Brum Show in 2023 - Customer from Mansfield who has had a few guitars from you ?????
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13905
    I really like this.  I love the look of a Firebird but despite owning one, I still find it an unwieldy bugger so something in a less ergonomically challenging package is appealing.

Are you changing from neck-thru to set neck to keep costs down?  I presume the 9-ply-thru is far more expensive to make.
    tFB Trader
    Fading memory bank - Did I see that Firebird - Customer collected it from you at the Brum Show in 2023 - Customer from Mansfield who has had a few guitars from you ?????
    Yes the guy came to collect it at the show, his 4th build off me,  it's a fantastic guitar just too big.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Offset said:
    I really like this.  I love the look of a Firebird but despite owning one, I still find it an unwieldy bugger so something in a less ergonomically challenging package is appealing.

Are you changing from neck-thru to set neck to keep costs down?  I presume the 9-ply-thru is far more expensive to make.
    Having built a vintage spec firebird 1, the standout for me was the sound, they're too big and awkward and compared to my pugilist it was like playing a 10ft long plank of wood.

This is how I got to this model, I'll offer both versions and the set neck version is to use other woods and hardware, I want a lightweight version using an obeche body and maple neck.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBNickB Frets: 310
    That looks blimmin gorgeous…