Flippers…(not the Dolphin kind)

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• GandalphGandalph Frets: 1662
    soma1975 said:
    razorbill said:
    Offered him £1900 and got a counter offer of £2800…
    Which would be £130 over what he paid after ebay fees without a FVF promotion. Seems like he is just selling it on and leaving lots of room for offers. 
    Unless the ebay fees were on a promotion, which is when i list stuff. 
    If it was listed yesterday it's almost a certainty it was listed on a promotion. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daisie_guitardaisie_guitar Frets: 148
    Offer to meet halfway.  :)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7132
    edited 6:21PM
    Offer to meet halfway. 
    Tell him there was one sold on facebook recently for £2300, so that’s the market value.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdRock82AdRock82 Frets: 5

Hi, so it’s me here “the money hungry capitalist pig - seller) So the chap I bought it from had it listed on marketplace for £2500…I offered him £2300 which I don’t think is a lowball offer and he accepted it. When I went to collect it I got the feeling he slightly resented selling it or certainly was a more than a tad regretful. I’ve been there myself many times and it sucks…anyway……I told him that it was a massive stretch for me to buy it at the time and so he suggested if in future I needed the money he’d happily buy it back. Sure enough this week I contacted him offering it back to him for THE SAME PRICE I bought it for but he said as he’d just bought a Les Paul he was in no position to buy it, and so I put it on eBay at £3500 because, hey why not? Obviously I’m going to get knocked down on price and there will be fees involved. I’ve made big losses on guitars before (last one I lost over £2000 on) so you win some you lose some. I really don’t think I’ve done anything wrong at all and it was 100% never my intention to “flip” it. It is my dream guitar and I’d love nothing more than for my financial situation to improve allowing me to keep it. The really sh**ty thing here is the so called sob story which I didn’t give…I just told him that £2300 was the absolute most I could stretch to, which was the truth, and I thought it was nice that we shared a musical hero in Mike McCready. Kind of sucks to see yourself being mocked for that on a forum like this but hey. Regarding the photos…it just makes sense to use the ones Paul had supplied me with rather than taking the guitar apart again. I wasn’t trying to be a d*ck about it, it just seems like the obvious thing to do, no? 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fishboy7 said:
    To be fair the seller doesn't look like a serial flipper - this is the only guitar listed and there are no completed listings.  Could be a change of circumstances or need for cash.  He's not doing himself any favours with the high BiN price and collection only though.  
    Exactly that! I’m fully expecting to get knocked down on price and the main reason it’s up for collection only is because hopefully that will mean cash/bank transfer on collection rather than eBay holding the money for a month….purely because I absolutely need the money! 
    razorbill said:
    Which would be £130 over what he paid after ebay fees without a FVF promotion. Seems like he is just selling it on and leaving lots of room for offers. 
    Good to see not everyone on here is a nasty spiteful a-hole who thinks they know everything about a person who they’ve never met before. Thank you
    Gandalph said:
    soma1975 said:
    razorbill said:
    Unless the ebay fees were on a promotion, which is when i list stuff. 
    If it was listed yesterday it's almost a certainty it was listed on a promotion. 
    It wasn’t listed on a promotion
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7069
    You should list it on a promotion mate. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4005
    soma1975 said:
    Or on here for £2300. He’s been a member for 3 years after all.
    On my watchlist now, just raise the seller’s hopes unnecessarily.
    Yes I was super hyped when I saw I had one extra watcher. Your cunning plan worked great…well done you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    AdRock82 said:
    On my watchlist now, just raise the seller’s hopes unnecessarily.
    Yes I was super hyped when I saw I had one extra watcher. Your cunning plan worked great…well done you
    Actually, strike my only slight contribution to this. Probably not the ideal place for you to buy and sell guitar gear.
    soma1975 said:
    Thanks mate. In an ideal world I’d wait for there to be a promo but could do with the money asap. 

Deadman said:
    soma1975 said:
    I’ve been on here about 3 times in 3 years. Unfortunately around 50% of the members are smug, know it all snobs which is a bit of a turnoff. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited 7:58PM
    AdRock82 said:

Deadman said:
    soma1975 said:
    I’ve been on here about 3 times in 3 years. Unfortunately around 50% of the members are smug, know it all snobs which is a bit of a turnoff. 
    I’ve been here since day one pretty much and haven’t found that at all. It’s more like 95%.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1662
    AdRock82 said:
    Fishboy7 said:
    To be fair the seller doesn't look like a serial flipper - this is the only guitar listed and there are no completed listings.  Could be a change of circumstances or need for cash.  He's not doing himself any favours with the high BiN price and collection only though.  
    Exactly that! I’m fully expecting to get knocked down on price and the main reason it’s up for collection only is because hopefully that will mean cash/bank transfer on collection rather than eBay holding the money for a month….purely because I absolutely need the money! 
    Ebay don't hold the money for a month, would be in your account within a couple of days of the sale tops.
    Gandalph said:
    AdRock82 said:
    Fishboy7 said:
    Ebay don't hold the money for a month, would be in your account within a couple of days of the sale tops.
    They absolutely do with more valuable items and have done on several occasions with me. It might depend on your seller rank and/or seller frequency possibly. I don’t sell often on eBay.