Issue using ToneX One with ToneX Software

What's Hot
Thought I’d post this as separate to the main ToneX One pedal thread as I thought it might get lost.
Right quick one this, I’ve noticed that when I’m running ToneX software with the ToneX One pedal there’s a weird doubling of the signal in the background ? Kind of a thinner sound but of you close the software it goes away and the sound of the pedal improves massively. Any idea what’s going on with that ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1646
    Have you switched the pedal to interface mode when you plug in? 

In global settings Mode.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3035
    nero1701 said:
    Have you switched the pedal to interface mode when you plug in? 

In global settings Mode.
    Thanks for the steer, I can find Global Setup ? But not mode ?
    edited July 30
    Lemme switch mine on and check

It's called operation. Not mode, my bad
    nero1701 said:

Thank you so much for your continued help. I suspect  doing something wrong but I can’t see that setting in my Global Setup

https://imgur.com/gallery/54ycIBa.

Different version of ToneX maybe ? Mine is just the free one 
    This is my bad for not reading the post well enough. I thought you had the tonex rather than tonex one.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4139
    DrBob said:
    nero1701 said:

Thank you so much for your continued help. I suspect  doing something wrong but I can’t see that setting in my Global Setup

https://imgur.com/gallery/54ycIBa.

Different version of ToneX maybe ? Mine is just the free one 
    Try turning off Direct Monitoring.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Page 15 of the manual, disable direct monitoring 
    Also, make sure your a Tonex preset isn’t active while your pedal stored model is.

I hate the software, I really do, but I really like the sounds once I get them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @chrisj1602 @nero1701 , thanks to you both and wisdoms awarded. Clearly a case of RTFM ! 
    That said I would concur with you Chris and say that the ToneX software is one of the least intuitive and worst thought out interfaces I’ve ever had to use 
    Oh, the software is wank 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    nero1701 said:
    Oh, the software is wank 
    You earned a lol that time 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9960
    I had the larger Tonex version, but could not, could not get the software to work sadly
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23010
    Also, make sure your a Tonex preset isn’t active while your pedal stored model is.

The software is shit but I love how Tonex SE sounds so I've spent the cash. Tonex One will be here later this week :)

If you don’t mind the further questioning how do I do that ? This software is doing my head in 
    Every time I connect to my laptop I think, fuck it, you’re going on eBay, then I get the sounds
    loaded and it stays.

I plugged in today to load a couple of amps for a rehearsal on Friday, I put a cleanish Princeton with a bit of reverb in the A slot and despite planning an AC30 for the B I ended up with a cranked AC10 that I found by mistake.

It sounds so good. Two amps, reverb, smaller than my tuner for less than £200. Oh, and it is a tuner too. Forgot about that.

I’ve not even tried it as a drive pedal yet either, so there’s a whole other world of boost, drive, distortion, fuzz and filth.

I think I paid £179 but it’s down to £159 now.  Such great value, even with the dog shit software!
    I'm about to have digital detox...

Will be listing, I'm just to simple to get the best of them tbh.

Fm3
    Tonex
    Twonotes opus
    Harley benton GPA 50
    Laney lfr 2x12

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3394
    I got mine just over a week ago but I've yet to load it up and try it but I can see me using the lot i.e. tuner, noise gate, reverb and either 2 different amps or an amp and OD pedal and noted that the software isn't user-friendly!
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2060
    I got one but 2 hours of faffing with the worst software ever made and I returned it. Agree it sounds great but who has the energy for the software torture?
    Chuffola said:
    I got one but 2 hours of faffing with the worst software ever made and I returned it. Agree it sounds great but who has the energy for the software torture?
    I don’t know if you’ve had Helix before but that was my problem, I was expecting something more like HX Edit.

I had to watch a couple of YouTube tutorials for the Tonex.  It still winds me up a bit but I stuck with it because once I managed to load a couple of amps I liked, it sounded fantastic and I don’t need to use the software that often.
  • I have ToneX Max and literally never use it because I hate the software so much. Such a wasted opportunity.